Translate

Friday, August 27, 2010

Picture

In the effort to find something to do I have started taking pictures.  A few years ago I didn't even want a camera around.  I don't like my picture taken because I don't take good pictures.  Now that there is one in the house I have come to love a digital camera.  I will post a few pictures that I take.  Even a few of myself.  I do delete most of the photos of myself after a while.  I just don't like the way I look.  Scars, moles, wrinkles or too fat.  So if you see one that you like you should save it.  I will delete them completely. 
Here is one I took of myself this week.  Not sure how long I will keep it.
I like the pictures that I take outside much better.  I love trees, clouds and just about anything green.   I have taken so many photos of the park where I walk and in my back yard this summer.  I like the way a camera makes me stop and look at things differently.  I have enjoyed going back and looking at the photos later too.  I hope it will take a bit of the edge off this winter when it gets too cold.  I wonder if I will be motivated to brave the cold to take pictures?  I just do not like the cold.  It makes my bones feel brittle.  The heat is so much better.  It is uncomfortable when it is really hot but a little sweat does not hurt like the cold does.  I actually like the smell of earth when it is baking in the sun.  Grass smells good when the sun warms it up.  I also like the sound of summer.  I like hearing birds and bugs make all of their noise. 
I have been eyeballing a fancier camera.  I am so tempted.  The only thing holding me back is the price.  It sure is a lot of money to spend.  But all the things I try to do with my little point and click that back fire would become possible with a nicer camera.  Maybe I should ask for that to be my birthday present?  It is more than we usually spend on presents...... but I sure am tempted.  If I make it a combo birthday & Christmas?  That would take care of both in one.  That idea does make me feel better about spending that much. 
So here is another of my traits.  I am a tight wad.  I don't like spending money.  It spends way faster than I can make it.  I have not taken the time to figure out how many hours I will have to work to earn enough to buy the camera.  Pretty sure if I do that I will never buy it.   

1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures and I still think you are the pretty sister. You just also happen to be the smart, successful sister too. Good job!

    ReplyDelete