Translate

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Jam

I was inspired to make homemade jam this weekend.  One of the local stores had strawberries on sale .99 cents for 16 oz.  At that price I had to come up with a way to use them.  The freezer jam keeps the fresh fruit flavor so nicely.  I know this winter I will appreciate it even more.  I haven't made jam in several years so I dug around in my cabinets looking for jars, lids and rings.  I had one box of pectin left but it expired 2 yrs ago so that went in the trash.  A trip to the dreaded Wally World was needed.  After a leisurely stroll, through the crowd on Saturday morning, I found all the needed items and they also had some really cool freezer containers.  Too cool!  No rings, jars or lids needed.  I bought the last 2 packages that were on the shelf and thought I would give them a try.  There were only 4 containers to a package and I needed more than that so I did have to use a few jars.  They were easier to use and if they do good storing the jam in the freezer then I will buy more of them.  2 jars have been claimed already.  One by my youngest Ms. Mattie and one by my nephew Jacob.  We had pancakes for breakfast this morning and used about 1/2 of the partial jar.  YUMMY!  Since I was in the mood and had all that stuff out I went back to the store and bought some Porter Peaches and made them into jam also.  Now that is some good stuff!  LOVE Porter Peaches!!


So now I have fruit loaded with sugar to eat.  Not the best thing when you are trying to lose weight.  I will try to use self control and eat it responsibly.
I was in the mood to make jam but NOT in the mood to clean house.  I tried several times to get some cleaning done with limited success.  Just not in the mood to clean this weekend.  So I took a few of my newer Cd's out, plugged them into the computer, put on my headphones and just relaxed.  I always seem to enjoy a CD better if I listen to it with headphones. 
My walking/jogging was rough this weekend.  It is soooo hot outside.  I pushed really hard Friday night and was very sore the rest of the weekend.  I tried to do a bit extra and went out Saturday morning.  It was cooler but I was so sore from the night before.  I went again Saturday night but mainly walked.  It was just too hot.  I am pretty sore today.  Stretching helped some but I may skip tonight's outside exercise and find something to do inside. 
I also tried a new wine this weekend called Angeline.  Not bad at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment