Translate

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Repost Sense of humor

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Sense of humor

Had a busy morning catching up on shopping. When we got home there was a message on the phone from my little sister, Lisa. She went to visit my mother in the hospital today. AND as usual it was not completely pleasant. She only left the basic info on the phone message and said she would fill me in later.

For those of you that do not know about my mother, she is a paranoid schizophrenic. She suffers from every delusion that could ever possibly be. I do mean EVERY delusion possible, but she does have her favorites. Lesbians, homosexuals and just plain gay people are one of her favorite subjects. In fact anything to do with sex or deviant sexual behavior is one of her favorite subjects.

I no longer have any contact with my mother. For my sanity and my children’s safety I had to walk away. I spent years listening to her "crazy shit", watching her turn "it" off when the cops showed up, and putting up with her refusal to take her meds. When I could no longer keep my girls insulated from her favorite subjects I walked away. She is not allowed to have my phone # and everyone in my family knows what will happen if they give it to her!

Anyway back to this morning’s fun for my sister. Lisa sent me a note with more of the details and I have to admit I was entertained! Lisa said that when she walked in to the hospital room it was full of doctors.

I don’t think I can tell it as good as she can so let me cut and paste the story she sent me.

So I went to see her to return her clothes that I took home last night to wash. Also had stopped at target to get her some new socks and underwear. When I got to her room she had about 8 doctors in there whith her, surrounding her bed. I am sure some were students. Boy did they ever learn! She was going on and on about the lesbian bitches and the freind that gave 5 million to the hospital, etc. One of them came over to me and I told him she is my mom. Another asked her if she knew me. She said, is that you Leslie, or is it Lisa. I said, you know it is both! She started babbling nonsense again and I told her to be quiet a minute so I could talk to the doctor. He explained she has diverticulosis, and had a flare up, which is called diverticulitis. they had her on antibiotics. He thought that her breathing was "exaserbated", by COPD. Then she shouts out, "Did you just say i was MASTERBATING??????" Did I mentioned she was shouting. I mean, SHOUTING????? OMG, I wanted to crawl under the bed. The doctors were all cracking up. He said she could go home this afternoon if they could arrange an emsa for her. I stayed after they left and put her name in her new socks and underwear. She was driving me crazy with crazy talk. When I got them all labeled, I got out as fast as I could.

Top 5 most embarrasing moments of my life

My sister and I have learned to laugh about this stuff. My mother has embarrassed both of us many times. It is not just that she says embarrassing things, she can be dangerous. She can get very mad when you do not agree with her delusions. In Lisa’s story you see where she asked if Lisa was "Leslie " or "Lisa", that is another one of her favorite delusions. That all of her kids are sets of twins. My older brother is Daniel/ Danny. I am Deborah/ Debbie and then little sister is Leslie/ Lisa. One of these twins is evil and mean, the other is nice. If you do not agree with her or do what she wants you to do then you are the evil twin! (Yes, I have been the evil twin on purpose some times.) I won’t go into details about how this has played out over the years. Just imagine every possible example and I can assure you it happened.

I do have to admit that I feel bad about leaving my sister to visit our mother all by herself. We talk about it regularly. She reminds me that for years I was the only one that took care of her. My mother has a sister and brother here in town and they do very little. It is more than I do, but it is sad that this is my mother’s life. I know that she has always loved her kids. But she has never been able to make responsible choices for herself or us. When we were placed in the Children’s home she tried to get us back. It went all the way to Oklahoma Supreme Court. Thank God she did not win! As much as I HATED that place it was so much better than living with her.

Here is part of the clip my little sister found online where her battle made case made Case Law here in Oklahoma.

 





MATTER OF DANIEL, DEBORAH AND LESLIE H.

No. 49830.

591 P.2d 1175

1979 OK 33

Decided: March 6, 1979.

Supreme Court of Oklahoma.

IN THE MATTER OF DANIEL, DEBORAH AND LESLIE H., CHILDREN UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, TO-WIT: 11, 10 & 8 YEARS.

Appeal from the District Court, Tulsa County, Juvenile and Family Relations Division, Joe Jennings, J.

?0 Appeal from the District Court, Tulsa County, Juvenile and Family Relations Division; Joe Jennings, Trial Judge, from order adjudicating children dependent. The appeal challenges the constitutionality of 10 O.S.Supp. 1972 ? 1101 (d) on ground of vagueness.

JUDGMENT OF TRIAL COURT AFFIRMED.

Charles R. Hogshead, Tulsa, for appellant.

Donald M. Bingman, Asst. Dist. Atty., Juvenile Bureau of the District Court, Tulsa, for appellee.

SIMMS, Justice:

?1 Barbara H., natural mother of Daniel, Deborah and Leslie, brings this appeal from an order of the Juvenile Division of the Tulsa County District Court adjudicating the children dependent within the purview of the Juvenile Code and making them wards of the court. Appellant challenges the constitutionality of 10 O.S.Supp. 1972 ? 1101 (d)

 

It blew me away when I read this for the 1st time. It answered some of my questions about how we got to the home to. Nobody in my family likes to admit how this really happened. I mean how do you tell 3 kids that nobody in the family wants to take care of them and that they are too much trouble? We were a lot of trouble too! We ran wild and did what we wanted. That will be a story for another time.

I am going to try to do a real blog. Not sure how long I will stay interested in it. Not sure what I should put down in black and white. I guess I will figure that out as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment