Translate

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Repost Sister

Original post on, Monday, March 29, 2010

Sister

I want to tell you about my sister Lisa. I have a brother and 3 ½ brothers but just one sister. The older I get the more I recognize how special she is. I have always known she was smart and that she has a big heart. But she is just the neatest person to be around. I love the way she can laugh at herself and her view of the world makes me re-think things.

I remember back before we went to the Children’s home. My little sister used to want to follow me around. I, of course, hated it. I was so mean to her. She never did seem to give up.

Then when we went into the home they separated us. I was not supposed to talk to her (or my brother) for the 1st month. But we did see each other when we went outside to play in the evenings. I remember being so glad to see her. Funny how quick you can change your mind about something.

I remember taking up for her not to long after we got there. There was this kid named Jackie. He had a fat head. He seemed to think it was fun to pick on my little sister. He kept calling her names. I don’t remember what names he was calling her but he had made her cry. He thought that it was funny. Really funny, so funny that he was bending over holding his stomach laughing about it. I just couldn’t pass up such a perfect opportunity. I kicked him right in his big old fat head and knocked him right off his feet. Not the smartest thing for me to do. He was much bigger than me and he had a big brother too. Thank goodness I hurt him bad enough that he stayed down and his brother was not around. He kept saying "I am going to tell". I told him "Go ahead and I will tell them why I kicked you". He never did tell but I didn’t get away with it completely. I broke my foot when I kicked him. I hopped around for days before I was finally taken to the doctor

I don’t think he picked on her after that. Not just because of what I did but I think my brother also had something to say to him. Danny never took up for us before the home. I guess I wasn’t the only one that changed my mind about little sisters.

Lisa was a beautiful child. She had dark curly hair and big brown eyes. Plus she was almost always smiling. She just didn’t have a mean bone in her back then. I never could stay mad at her.

The cottage she went to at the home was Tiny Tots. The lady that ran that place was EVIL. Why would you put the meanest, scariest person in charge of the little kids? Why? I stayed with her for a week or so once at Tiny Tots. I can’t remember why they had moved me but I was scared of her too! I was so glad when Lisa went into foster care. The lady that worked at the front office took her home. She had 2 boys of her own that were grown but had always wanted a little girl. She was very good to Lisa. Lisa became a part of their family. Things would have been so much worse if she had to stay with that mean old lady in Tiny Tots.

I like to think that we are close but we go for months with out talking to each other. When we do talk it is usually just a quick email or IM on face book. Most of the time we just see each other at Grams house. I always try to sit by Lisa though because she will make me laugh. A lot of our conversations are about our mother. As I mentioned in one of my earlier blogs my mom is not doing so well. She is back in the hospital again. She needs a surgery but is not strong enough for it right now. She has not been very cooperative and has told Lisa that she does not want to have the surgery. The doc says if she doesn’t have it she will die. Lisa is worn out with it all. I find that I don’t like knowing that Lisa is hurting. I hadn’t planned on going to see my mom. I never know if my visit will set her off or not. I can’t stand to see Lisa hurting over it though. So I went to visit my mom this weekend. For now she seems to be agreeable to the surgery. No telling how she will be next week. I hope that in the next 4-5 weeks they can get her strength up and that she will continue to agree to the surgery. This is what my sister wants so I am going to try to help her. More than anything I do not like to see my sister in pain.

1 comment:

  1. I thank God that he gave us each other! We have found our own, seperate, ways in life, but we still have a bond no one can ever break! Love you forever, no matter what!

    ReplyDelete