Translate

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Repost working on it

Original post on Thursday, July 29, 2010



Working on it.

 

I scheduled my MRI today. It will be next Wed. bright and early. I am supposed to be there to check in at 6:30am. So I get to drive to my favorite part of Tulsa, but at least it will be before most of the traffic!

I love the questions that they ask. Do you have any metal in your body? At this time I can say no to that. Of course if I have the surgery then next time I am asked that I will probably have to say yes.

Big sigh.

If they can fix me with metal and it makes me feel better, I can live with it.

I guess.

I posted on FB that I was trying to lose weight by walking/jogging and got all kinds of support and advice. Some online and some in person. I like the idea that one of the LT’s at work had. He says that the military has a new fitness program that they push that is supposed to help you get back into shape. Start out walking 5 min/ run 1 min and keep that up until it is easy then switch to walk 4 min/run 2 min. so on and so on......This might be worth a try. I can tell the difference the jogging has made for me in a little over a weeks time. But it stills feels like I am moving like a snail. Patience does not come easy to me.

I took my camera with me recently and took pictures of some of the things I pass during my "walk" through the park. The park was so full this week and there was lots to take pictures of. Football practice started and last few nights they were all gathered in the shade under my favorite tree. I caught myself slowing down so I could listen to the coaches talking to the kids. The memories it brought back made me smile. I had to change my route to stay out of their way but it is worth it to listen them each evening. I didn’t even realize that I hadn’t got a picture of my favorite tree until after I got home.

There is a site that I follow on my FB called Owasssoisms. I send the daily police log to the lady each morning and she also posts all kinds of things that go on in Owasso. She also takes wonderful pictures! She submitted one to another blog that I follow called Pioneer Woman. She won 1st place in the Water Photo contest. It sure makes me want to get motivated and get a better camera! Mine is just a little cheap thing. I need one that can take close ups and zoom in to things. I want sharper images.....

I did take my little camera with me to Tulsa tonight. I took some more "fun" photos of nothing in particular. I did take one of Mattie, and one of Aunt Mary and Grams. We played a few games with Grams but she seemed kinda lost tonight. I think I need to visit her more.

I slept horrible last night. I just could not get comfortable or to shut off my mind. It was close to 1:00 am before I fell asleep and the alarm went off at 5:00. I don’t do real well on 4 hours of sleep. (This might be an understatement)

SO..... Today I am 1 step closer to getting "the" disc fixed, made it through work on 4 hrs of sleep, didn’t bite anybody’s head off with my grumpiness, visited Grams, took photos, did my walk in the park and now I am going to review my photos and see if there is anything worth posting.

2 comments:

  1. I just now found your blog because of a link you had posted to FB, and for some reason, I went back and read this entry. Was this before you got your Nikon? The Nikon you have now takes rockin' awesome, clear pictures! If you want to get something better than your Nikon, what are you looking at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was before I got the Nikon. I used to have a myspace that I kept a blog on. I transfer this and several others to here before I closed the myspace. I like to go back sometimes and read what was on my mind. It can help remind me.
    I love my Nikon. I am still learning how to use all of the fuctions. The next new thing that I get would be a new lens. Maybe a wide view? Plus I need some photo editing software. I am finding that when you love cameras there is always lots to spend you money on.

    ReplyDelete