Translate

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

People watching

I have tried to post a new blog twice now and been booted off after I finished writing the whole thing. It happened when I tried to use the preview. Not gonna use that darn thing again unless I have everything saved somewhere else! What a pain.


I will try again.
Spent several hours in doctor’s offices this week. I am not a fan of doctor’s offices. That is a big understatement! I hate to wait. I am no good at waiting. I get grumpy having to wait in a doctor’s office if it is past the appointment time. I hate their lousy customer service.

I am getting carried away here. Let me start over and try again.

So while waiting in the doctor’s office, sitting in the mini torture device that passes for chairs, I got bored. I brought a book to read but I just could not get comfortable. So I decided to people watch instead.

There were some real characters on Monday. The little old man and his grandson were too cute. Grandpa was so proud of his grandson. He bragged on him several times. Grandson is tall & skinny, 19 yrs old and is his best fishing buddy. He is also a cowboy. I know this because he wore his cowboy boots, with spurs, to the docs office. Not sure what he was planning on using those spurs on at the docs office. But he was so sweet to his grandpa. He was a good kid.

Then there was the different girl. You know, the one that likes to be different. She had the strangest thing on her head. I tried not to stare but did sneak several peeks. I never did figure out what “it” was. “It” was 4-5 colors, had a feather, and some fuzzy stuff. I couldn’t figure out if it was a hat, her hair or a combination of both. I wonder how comfortable that thing was in the 100 + heat?

I didn’t bother to bring my book Tuesday. I had way more fun people watching and was looking forward to that part of my wait. I was not disappointed. An older woman and her very much older mom came in right after I got settled. The very much older mom used a walker and it took her a long time to get anywhere. BUT she did get there on her own. : ) It didn’t help that she was distracted by the adorable baby boy. He kept smiling at her and every time he did she just had to smile back. It was sweet. Her daughter finally gave up and got mom seated were she could see the baby. He was a cutie and such a ham! He flirted with every female that walked in the door. Kind of reminded me of someone else I know? LOL! It is so easy to lose your heart to a cute flirt. Especially when said cutie is sitting on his mom’s lap with a burp rag held under his chin! I was lost!!

So that is kinda what I tried to post earlier. I don’t remember what all I was going to say Monday. It is just all nonsense anyway. But it is most of what I tried to say today.

Oh! Have I mentioned that I am on vacation this week? I would do back flips if I could.
I don’t think I will even try a cartwheel. It wouldn’t be pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment