Translate

Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday

I have an appointment with the surgeon in the morning.  Not looking forward to having a stranger poke on me.  Gives me the creeps just thinking about it.  What can I say.....everyone has things they don't like and one of mine is a stranger touching me.  I know where it comes from but that doesn't seem to make it any more pleasant.  It is a sign of how much I am hurting.  I spent most of the weekend aching. 
It was a nice weekend.  My step son and his soon to be wife came to visit.  It was the 1st time to meet her.  I like her.  They are expecting a baby boy this fall.  I already called dibs on keeping him this spring whey they take a late honeymoon.  Mattie came over and spent part of the evening.  Then I got to see Kita Sunday evening.  So I got my kid fix this weekend. 
I am going to go spend next weekend with Kita.  I have only been able to spend an hour here and there with her for months so I am going to Stillwater Friday night and not coming home until Sunday.  I hope she can stand having mom around that long. 
Today was a bugger at work.  My co-worker called in sick and I was ready to shoot my phone by 1:00pm.  Here is a sample of one of my afternoon conversations.
It started out ok.......
"I would like to get copies of evidence photos and the in car video from the cop's car."
Once I got the case number I informed them that I could assist with the photos but they would have to get a subpoena to get any video.  Please notice how many times I have to say the same thing.  (This is why I need breaks from work on a regular basis.  Patience is not one of my strong points.....)

"That is not what I was told.  Last time I was told I had to have a subpoena to get 911 tapes."
My response was....Yes you do have to have a subpoena to get a 911 tape, but you also need one to get any videos listed as evidence.
"That is not what I was told last time.  I was told I only had to get a subpoena for 911 tapes."
My response.... I am sorry if you were told wrong or if there has been any confusion but you have to have a subpoena to get any videos listed as evidence.
"What about the Sunshine law?  You know the open records acts?"
Open records covers copies of reports and and files kept by the Records Dept.  It is our Dept's policy to always get a subpoena for any video or any 911 tapes when they ar listed as evidence.
"So how do I get a copy of the video?"
You get a subpoena and send it to the PD records.
"So you won't give me a copy of the in car video?"
If you have a subpoena I will give you a copy.

This went on for several more minutes.  I told them that I would not argue case law with them.  That I was just a records clerk following my department's. policy.  I finally told them that if they wanted to file a complaint about having to get a subpoena to get a video listed as evidence then I could forward them to my supervisor.  I forwarded the call and of course they hung up.  I guess they did not want to argue case law with my boss. 

So does anyone know how to get a copy of a video listed as evidence?  How about a copy of a 911 tape?

Of course while I was having this conversation I had another customer show up at the window and another phone call was coming in.  The customer at the window was not easy to help and the lady on the next phone call wasn't happy either. 
It was Monday all day long.  Ughhh!
Tuesday is going to be so much better.  I get to drive to south Tulsa and let a stranger poke on me.  It would be nice if the stranger gave me good news.  You know, like......You don't need surgery.  Here take this one little pill and all your troubles will go away. 
Don't worry I am not holding my breath.

1 comment:

  1. Keep me posted, I know that you are going to go with the shots, which is what I would do as well!

    ReplyDelete