Translate

Friday, September 3, 2010

What?

I got a big envelope from the pain management doctor's office in the mail today.  The 1st page has things highlighted all over it.  It states in bold, capital, & underline all the things that they will charge you for if you are late or fail to cancel an appt. 24 hrs prior to service. 
I have had really bad luck with doctor's offices like that.  It never fails I will get sick for the 1st time in years and call in to reschedule and bang, they send me a bill for not showing up. 
That just does not sit well with me. 
Not at all.
I do not believe that I will go to that appt.  I am tempted to just pull a no show and tell them where they can stick it when they try to collect for NO SERVICE provided. 
I understand it hurts the business when a patient does that kind of thing.  BUT I will not be punished for other people's actions.  I Refuse to.
I wonder if there is another place that does the shots?
This is the place that I waited  for the surgeon's office to call me about. They were supposed to call my insurance company and let me know the next day what my appt time would be. I had to call and remind them a week later.  So now how long will this take?
So some time next week I will call the surgeon's office back and see if they can schedule me somewhere else.  If not then I will not get the shots. 
What has happened to customer service?  Do people not realize that they do not have to be treated like that?  The 1st surgeon that I went to 4 yrs ago left me sitting for about 2 hrs past my appt. times.  I told him the 2nd time that I wouldn't trust him to do anything for me because he couldn't even see me on time.  He did seem a bit shocked, but not that worried about it.  It is rude for them to think that my time is not as valuable to me.  I guess there are enough people that are willing to put up with it because his office was full.  It is their time to waste. 
Not me.
I don't wait good at all. 
There sure seems to be several hic-ups with this whole thing.  I don't want to do any of it.  I have to make myself go to a doc.  I made up my mind to see a surgeon more than 4 months ago and this is as far as I have gotten?  It sure is a lot of effort to do something that I don't want to do.  If I wasn't hurting.....
I might be a bit grumpy. 
Possibly.

1 comment:

  1. It makes me so mad that Doctors think they are so much more important and that your time is not valuable! You can schedule the first appointment of the morning and still be seen 2 hours later! And they have the rocks to charge you if you cant make an appointment because of a family emergency or illness? Whatever! I would feel the same way you do.

    ReplyDelete