Translate

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Stats and stuff

Stats are a big part of my job.  Maybe that is one of the reasons that I find this interesting.  I know part of the reason is I keep wondering who would look me up in Russia or India and where is Latvia?  I need to look that one up.  Geography is not my strong point.  That award would go to typos. 
This is just some of the stats that this blog site tracks.  Of course if you have a blog site on here you already know that. 

Audience 2010 May – 2010 December

Pageviews by Countries
United States 1,301
Brazil 47
Canada 33
Russia 28
Mexico 24
Ecuador 18
United Kingdom 14
Latvia 14
India 12
Germany 10


Pageviews by Browsers
Internet Explorer 1,190 (76%)
Firefox 192 (12%)
Safari 56 (3%)
Opera 40 (2%)
Mobile 30 (1%)
Java 17 (1%)
Jakarta Commons-HttpClient 14 (1%)
Chrome 8 (1%)
NetFront 1 (1%)
Netscape 1 (1%)


Pageviews by Operating Systems
Windows 1,389 (90%)
Macintosh 61 (3%)
BlackBerry 33 (2%)
iPhone 31 (2%)
Other Unix 14 (1%)
Samsung 1 (1%)

Only one Samsung user.  That doesn't seem to be a popular choice in this group.  I am not sure what all this adds up to.  It might feed my anal side.  You know the side that has to have all the cans organized and facing the same way in the cabinet. 

One more day and the work week will be done.  I think I am ready for Christmas.  I do need to pick up a few things at the grocery but that won't take long.  I have Thursday off and I will wait until early that morning.  Maybe I will miss most of the crowds that way?  I can hope. 
My little sister had surgery today.  She called me when it was all done to let me know she was ok.  I need to go find the funniest get well card that I can find.  I need to return a laugh to her.  I know.  It isn't always the best to laugh right after surgery.  Paybacks.  Sisterly love.  Could be it is just my true nature crawling out?  I know she "loves" sock monkeys.  I can talk about this all I want to also.  She is with out her computer for now.  It caught a nasty virus and can't be cured until after Christmas.  I hope her recovery is faster than mine has been!
I asked before my surgery about how long would it take for me to recover.  I was told about 4-5 weeks.  It has been almost twice that time and I still wear the blasted brace when I drive.  I had no clue it would take this long!  I guess I shouldn't complain but I am sick of being so weak.  Whaaaa, whaaaa.  Sorry.  I will shut it. 
I have so much to be thankful for.  My husband is a cancer survivor.  My daughters are happy. I gained a Son in law.  I gained a Daughter in law.  My step Son is a Dad.  I am a Grandma that gets to see her Grandson on Christmas. 
An old friend lost her father today.  Her mother is also very ill and may not live until Christmas.  They were/are both in their 90's and have not been in the best health.  She said they were/are ready to go.  But to lose both parents is going to be so hard on her.  Losing them this close to a major holiday is not easy either.  My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

So now I know and I have learned my new thing for the day.  It was the very end of the day but I got it in before I went to bed.  Much better than learning things from strange dreams.  How can you trust that what you learned in a dream is right or not?  I am not sure how to test it either.  Better leave that one alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment