Translate

Friday, December 24, 2010

It's all good

Wonder of wonders.  I left the house last night!  I just went one town north.  I had fun. 
Today I did not wake up at 7:30 like I usually do.  I woke up at 5:00.  Thank God I was able to go back to sleep!  I had way too much stuff to do today to not get enough rest.  Speaking of rest.  I DID NOT have to take a nap today!  Finally!  This is the 1st time since taking off the neck brace.  Plus I did lots and lots today.  I think we have plenty of sweet stuff to keep the company happy.  Mandarin Orange cake, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cheesecake plus there is still Banana  Bread and Pumpkin Bread.  Lots of food for dinner planned too!
Rob, Carrie, Tyler and Cohen will be here later Christmas day.  Mattie and James are coming over.  I love cooking big meals for my friends and family.  It is so sweet that I have the energy to do this. 
I had a bit of an interruption to today's work.  As I was cleaning up in the kitchen I opened up the cabinet under the sink to get some cleaner out.  I heard a water leaking noise!  Last year our garbage disposal rusted out and made a mess under the sink.  This year it was the main drain pipe.  It didn't just happen.  How did I miss it?  There was mold.  Thank goodness a plumber was available on Christmas Eve.  He looked like a kid but he did a good job and it didn't take him long at all! 
Have I mentioned how happy I am that I do not have to wear the neck brace unless I am driving?  I am!  It is so much more comfortable.  I can't tell you how happy I am that I can sleep on my tummy again!  What a relief!!  I finally remembered to purchase some vitamin E oil to use on my scar this week.  I was advised that it us much cheaper and works great by the doc's assistant.  It is a good thing I have the capsules that can be taken orally because when I used it as I was advised I broke out in whelps.  So much for that idea. Hydrocortisone to the rescue and it is all better today.  That was irritating! 
I spent several hours playing with my camera this week.  Working on depth of field and trying to get some bokeh.  I like what I was able to come up with.  It did remind me that when I am doing macro stuff that a tripod would be nice.  But I used my imagination and came up with other ways to hold the camera still. 

This is the only thing that I have other than wrapped gifts to take Christma's pics of.  That will teach me to be lazy and not put up a tree!  Maybe.
I can't figure out why I am still going tonight.  Wide awake.  On my 2nd glass of wine and feeling great.  I had an old school friend chat with me on FB for a bit.  I have my headphones on (of course) and have it cranked up. 
Merry Christmas to everyone!  My wish is for you all have a wonderful holiday with your families.  Please keep our soldiers in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment