Translate

Friday, December 3, 2010

Face it

I spent the last 2 days taking self portraits.  Not much else to take pictures of here at home.  So now I have some pictures of me with my neck brace on.  Playing with shadows, light and photo editing.  I can not tell you how much courage it takes to post any picture of myself.  I am definitely my own worst critic.  So here is one from Thursday.
I like to suffer the delusion that the shadows will keep a person from noticing the soft neck brace.  Why am I taking pictures of myself?  Or better yet why do I post them?  It must be the dork in me. 

More photo editing today and I tried for some drama so I put on some very dark lip stick.  It has been years since I wore lip stick. I also took off my neck brace and held very still.  Boy does this one show my age!
I need to find someone that will let me take pictures of them.  I need to see what I can come up with looking at someone else's face.  I have also taken enough pictures of Shy.  It is amazing that she doesn't run when she sees me pick up the camera.  I think I need to take some classes to learn more.  I have enjoyed using my free photo editing software but I need to start looking at what is available to purchase.  I have seen some really neat photos that are a combination of 2 or more and would like to try my hand at that.  I am really enjoying black and white photos.  I am really drawn to them.  I need to get back outside and get some shots of winter trees.  I have some ideas that I would like to try on naked trees and black and white editing. 
Before I can do any of this I have to get better.  It is so easy to over do things.  I stood up and tried to stretch and yawn at the same time today.  Not a good idea.  It made me very very dizzy.  2 more weeks of 1/2 days at work then back to the doc.  I really hope the next x-ray will show the bones healed!  Latest dream of destroying my neck brace is to burn it then blow apart the lump with one of the officer's machine guns.  I do believe that would satisfy me in so many ways.  




No comments:

Post a Comment