Translate

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Connections

If you doubt how small the world is or how connected we are, look up some old friends on FB. I did and found that 2 people that I knew years ago have a common friend with me on FB. It has already happened a few times when I added an old friend to FB. The newly found old friend will send me a message and say " How do you know so and so". I may not have talked to this person for decades but unknowingly we have a friend that we both know and talk to regularly. It was funny when one old friend knew my little brother but didn’t make the connection until they saw his name on my FB.

I have noticed that I miss some connections myself. I have family that is still in touch with people from the Children’s Home and it is just strange to see how those old connections combine with my current old friends. Now that is a different way to refer to people, “current old friends”. Should I have an “out of touch old friends” list? That might be handy to have. A list of people that I “found” and sent a friend request to that never accepted. I would hate to make a pest of myself and forget that I had sent a request and send another one. OH! The horror! I might seem desperate or stalkish. No really I would just hate to waste my time. (Ooops! That isn't the best attitude.) Anyhooo, I can’t always expect people to remember me fondly or remember me at all. After all I don’t always remember them fondly and I have already admitted to not being able to remember most of the names.

Back to the present, or rather the future. I have my return doc appointment in the morning. Another trip to south Tulsa for a new x-ray 1st thing in the morning. That means I get to wear one of those pretty gowns. I always look forward to that. The lab is efficient and it doesn’t take long. I just hate putting on the gown and parading down the hall, past everybody sitting in the hall waiting, past all the other employees, get the x-rays done then back past all those people. Then I get to get dressed and go sit with those same people and wait for them to print the x-ray. I wonder if I am the only one that is uncomfortable doing that? So then I take my brand new x-ray to the doc and try not to hold my breath while he looks at it.

The last weekend before Christmas is coming up. I do not have all of my shopping done. I do have help coming Friday night to wrap what I do have purchased. My little sister volunteered because she loves to wrap gifts. I look forward to spending the evening with her. Maybe I can get organized, figure out what else I need, and get it Thursday evening and early Friday. That way I can use my help to the fullest and it will all be done!

1 comment:

  1. I hope your news was good! Can't wait to hear what the doctor says about your recovery.

    ReplyDelete