Translate

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Long long ago

So I pulled out a few names from wayyyy back in my past.  That isn't easy for me with my old habit of forgetting.  But just being my nosy self I looked them up on FB.  Sure enough I have found 2 so far.  I recognized them right off.  One I did send a friend request to.  The other one, ummmm probably not.  Now how many more names can I dig out.  I can see faces and remember things we did together.  Why oh why can't I think of their name?  Part could be because it was almost 30 years ago.  OH GOD did I just type the number 30?  Wow!  I guess when you don't talk to people for about 30 yrs you forget their name(s). 
I jumped around some as a teenager.  I was kicked out of the Children's home the last day of my Junior year in High School.  I spent the summer hiding so nobody could send me back.  Moved to Broken Arrow my Senior year to try to finish school.  This is where I am pulling the names from.  I was pretty good a burning bridges back then so I am sure there are a few that would not be glad to hear from me.  I only went to school there for 1/2 the school year so I didn't make a lot of friends.  I got pissed when the admin flunked me because I had too many absences.  It WAS my fault I got suspended for fighting but, I didn't like the fact that they counted the days against me from the beginning of the year before I was enrolled.  I know they were just sooooo upset that I quit.    I am so glad I am not the same person I was back then.  I was so angry at the world that I messed things up all the time.  I sure was a stupid teenager! 
Any how, I moved back to Tulsa for the last 1/2 of my Senior year.  I was able to enroll myself and finished High School.  That is a whole different story for another time.  It was close but I did finish.  I wonder if the 1 friend request will be accepted?  I wonder how her and her family are doing? 
I just can't get over the 30 year thing.  I think the actual number might be 28 or maybe 29.......

2 comments:

  1. Or 31! LOL! The past is a scary place. It is good to go back and look it over. Examine it and see if your feelings were valid, or just silly teenage stuff. But don't stay back there too long. You just start feeling bad about yourself. The present is a safer place to live, with an eye to the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the past is just that, the past. Can't change it so I don't try. I moved around so much that I made a whole different group of friends each time. I have wondered what happened to some of them. I did look up the girl that I got in a fight with my Sr. yr in BA. That was funny! I don't think I will be sending her a FB invite! I "enjoyed" laughing at myself for that one!!

    ReplyDelete