Translate

Monday, December 13, 2010

In the spirit

I am trying to get into the spirit of Christmas.  It just hasn't been the same for me since my kids grew up.  They are the reason I put so much effort into it.  I am not bothering with decorating.  I did not set up a tree.  I would rather spend my energy on other things.  I have most of my shopping done.  I have NONE of my wrapping done.  Everything is piled up on the guest room bed taunting me with more "to dos".  I should have worked on getting some of it wrapped today.  Instead I made cookies.  It is much fewer than I usually make.  Whether I like it or not I am not strong enough yet.  I can walk around, for like forever, but if I am using my arms to do anything I get tired very fast. 
This year my big cookie sheet full of cookies is very heavy.  It is right there on the weight limit I am supposed to be lifting.  So all I made was a single batch of chocolate chip and a single batch of peanut butter. 
I promised to share some of these with a co-worker/cookie monster.  So this will have to do for now.  Maybe later this week I will make more. 
I tried one of the chocolate chips.  Just lovely while it was still warm.  I need to go try a peanut butter.  Gotta make sure they are worth sharing.  I wouldn't want to give away a bad cookie. 
Anybody want to help clean up? 

4 comments:

  1. Want me to come over Friday night and help you wrap? I totally love to wrap presents. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have help wrapping! Kita used to help me. She must have got the love from you. I try but to do it right but I am just not inspired like you two can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be there. I get off work at 5:30, have to go home and deal with a few things and I will head your way. See you Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo! Hoo! I will ignore the pile until you get here! I think I have plenty of supplies....

    ReplyDelete