Translate

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Road Trip!

We made the trip to Missouri this weekend.  We had originally planned on going at the beginning of the month but the big huge snowfall changed those plans.  Then we had to wait for our doggie setter (Thank you Mattie!!) to get a free weekend.  We can't just leave almost 90lbs of German Shepard home alone for a day and a half.  But finally everything worked out and we got to go visit the Grandson.  And his Daddy and Mommy, we did talk to them a little bit too. 
Wow is he getting big.  Just almost setting up by himself.  Playing with his toys.  And talking!  Lots and lots of baby talk.  I kept "talking" back to him using Ga sounds.  After all he has to make the Ga sound to be able to say Grandma. 

His hand and eye coordination are improving.  Everything goes in his mouth.  Even my fingers.  He is cutting his bottom teeth and wants to chew on everything. 


He has the most beautiful blue eyes.
He was getting a bit sleepy here.  It is hard work being this cute.  It was just a few minutes later and he had crashed. 

He likes to have his bottom patted.  Hmmmm.... I have noticed that "others" of the male species like that too. 
Just an observation.

I got lots and lots of hugs and kisses this weekend.  I was on empty since I hadn't seen him since Christmas.  That is way too long to go without seeing him!  I loved it when he wrapped his arm around my neck and hugged me back!  So sweet!  I keep thinking that I have already given him all of my heart.  Then he does something like that and I find another piece has been given over to him.
There are already plans for the next visit.  His Mommy and Daddy are going to go camping next month.  I get to keep him all weekend. 

Oh Boy are we going to have fun!

How will I ever be able to give him back?

3 comments:

  1. He is a good looking boy. Children are great at that age. I'm always amazed at the way the can fall asleep anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That baby is so adorable. I am a little jealous! I want a baby to snuggle, but don't really want a grandbaby yet, all at the same time! I look forward to meeting him someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jack! I think he is cute but I know I am partial! He also sleeps through just about everything. Noise does not bother him at all.

    Lisa you can meet him when I have him all weekend. We will pick him up on a Friday and don't have to give him back until Sunday.
    If the weather is nice I hope to do a trip to the zoo. You would be welcome to come with us.

    ReplyDelete