Translate

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Joy!

This is what joy looks like.


I think this one might be titled " Nobody saw me acting like a pup did they?".

I had no idea she knew how to point.  That girl has been holding out on me. 

Shy doesn't let things like her age slow her down.  Can you tell she just turned 8 last week?
It isn't just snow on her muzzle that makes it white!
But it was cold outside and she did finally have enough. 
She sat down in front of me and shivered.  I got the message and we both went in.

I am not much for the cold either.  But I do like to take pictures.  I wondered this summer if I would be motivated to go out and take pictures when it got cold.  Obviously I took Shy out to play in the back yard.  But the rest of my photos have been from the garage or standing at the front door.  When the temp is 12 degrees out I can't stay out for long.  It makes my bones hurt!

I did take more pics of the cool snow drift next to my car. 
Wind can do some cool things. 
I love how it made this look like a frozen wave.
It was difficult to get enough contrast to show that there was a crest on the top of this frozen wave! 



The black & white seemed to show it off the best.  I tried again later in the day when the sun had gone over to the other side of the house but that only made it worse.  Everything looked blue and there wasn't much detail at all.
I tried several different settings on the camera.  I just wasn't happy with any of these low light results.  I should have tried to add some light by turning on one of the shop lights.  So much to learn.  I do ok with natural light but I need practise with adding other kinds of lighting.
I might get one more shot at it before the man comes to clean off the driveway mid-morning. 
Wow!  I had no idea my shoveling efforts were worth that much money.  We have to pay someone this year.  I am not well enough and BT will never be able to do that kind of work again.  That is the price he paid to survive cancer and only have one lung.  Usually it isn't a big deal cause I like to do that kind of work.  I need to pay attention and get my strength built back up.   
My office didn't open up today after all.  They aren't sure if they will be open Thursday either.  They do have a phone number set up for us to call to see if or when they are going to open.  I am supposed to call before 10:00am to hear the message.  If they open and if the man coming to clear the driveway shows up early enough I might get to go in for a bit. 
I have erased so much tonight.  I wanted this blog to be about joy.  I keep getting side tracked.  I know that would not surprise any of you that know me at all.  That is the way my unorganized brain works. 

I hope all of you in Northeastern OK have stayed safe and warm the last few days.  I hope you have been able to take the time and enjoy at least a few moments.  As much as I dislike snow it was still fun to watch Shy play in it!  I was able to take pictures of a record breaking snow storm.  When will we ever get 21 inches of snow again?  When will the snow ever be dry enough that the wind could blow it around again?  This was a record breaking storm.  It has broken every record in NE OK.  I didn't go far but I still have a few photos that are different from the normal things I snap.  Any practise improves skill.  Even if I only learned what did not work. 
Here is one of the photos that I tried to load yesterday.  The wind was brutal!
It is so nice to not be rejected two nights in a row! 

3 comments:

  1. Debbie. Try the following website. Might be able to resolve some of your questions on photography.

    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/index.shtml

    You've done pretty well with the snow shots. Camera tends to underexpose because the snow is so bright. You've done pretty good.

    The link: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/index.shtml

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pix of Shy! She is such a pretty girl. She is almost...yes, almost... my favorite niece! LOL! Our dogs were real excited about it too, for about 15 minutes or so. they ran and barked and rolled. Then went back inside for a drink, a treat and a nap. Sometimes I wish I was a dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lisa! I think I would miss my thumbs. And the treats are not what I am used to. Other than that a dog's life does sound good sometimes!

    Jack- Thanks for the website. There is so much on there! I saved it to my favs to go back and read often.

    ReplyDelete