Translate

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Girl

I can't be the only girl out there that does not like dresses.  Please tell me I am not alone in this. 
Or shopping.
I know there are other girls that don't like shopping.  I have heard their complaints and have joined them. 
One that seems to be a huge favorite of most women is shoe shopping.  I HATE shoe shopping with a passion.  It might go easier for me if I liked at least a few of the styles.  BUT good GOD do they have to make them all with bows, ribbon or some ugly pastel color on them?  I do not wear dresses and that seems to be a big part of girls shoes.  Sorry I am not wearing heals anymore.  I did back when I was a teen.  It didn't take me long to give the dumb things up.  Sandals are the worst.  Way too much crap all over them. 
I do not own anything pink.  I do not own anything with frills.  Just not my taste.  I have no desire to have sparkles on my shirt.  I would much rather have a t-shirt with an interesting graphic design on it.  Preferably in black, but I do have a few in other colors. 
Back to the dress statement that I started out with.  My mom always put me in dresses.  I didn't know any different until I was about 6 years old.  One of mom's friends gave me some of her daughters hand me downs.  There was a pair of girls pants included.  I loved them.  That is all I wanted to wear after that.  It started an everyday war between my mom and me that went on for years.  After we were put in the Children's Home I had to wear them again going to church Sunday morning, and again on Sunday night, and again on Wednesday night, and AGAIN to school for Chapel on Wednesday.  There wasn't a way to get out of it.  It was a war that I knew I could not win so I didn't fight it.  I wore a few more after I left the home but within a few years I no longer owned one.  I can't remember how long it has been since I owned a dress?  I know I had to borrow one to wear to my big brother's wedding.  That was about 20 years ago. 
I did get used to them but I never liked them.  Hateful ugly things.  Who came up with them?  How are you supposed to get anything done wearing them. 
I was going through my drawer in the old dresser last week getting rid of things and moving the stuff to the new one.  In the bottom drawer I found an old wallet of mine.  A really old wallet.  The only thing still in it was photos.  I used this wallet when I was still in school so all the photos were old school friends.  There was one that I hadn't seen in years of my brother and me.  I was wearing a dress.  That is what got my brain started on all of this.  We were going to Green Country Christian Academy at the time and the photo was taken at a 9th or 10th grade banquet.  We were not allowed to have dances.  God forbid we wiggled anything.  That might give the boys ideas.  Like they needed help to get ideas! 
Any way the Children's home would not allow us to have dates so it is my brother and I in the photo together.  Pathetic huh.  Don't feel sorry for me I made up for lost time after they kicked me out of the place.  It was later that I would need sympathy.  I sure could screw things up.  LOL!
So back to original subject.  I have never been a fan of dresses or anything else that is too girlie.  I have always snickered at girlie behavior.  I know it is bad manners but I still do it.  I don't do it in front of the girls I am snickering at.  Remember?  I don't like to hurt peoples feelings.  I do catch myself doing or acting in such a girlie way sometimes.  It always cracks me up when I realize it too.  I laugh harder at myself than I do others. 
Have you ever seen when a girl gets scared and she brings her arms up in front of her chest with her hands balled up in a fist and wiggles them?  What is that supposed to do?  Is it going to scare what ever scared them back?  Is it going to make the scary thing laugh at the stupid behavior?  Is it going to make the scary thing go away?  What a useless behavior.  Where did that come from? 
I caught myself doing it.  I laughed until I could hardly breath.  I had tears running down my face.  I didn't know I had it in me.  What a useless ridiculous reaction. 
I might not wear fingernail polish, high heals or dresses but I am still a girl.  Even if I don't own anything pink.
If I would have remembered to take my photos to work with me today I could have scanned them and added a few to this blog. 
I don't know if I will get to go to work in the morning or not.  We are supposed to have another snow storm dump another load on us. 
I sure hope the weather man is wrong!

UPDATE
Here is the photo.  I finally got it scanned in.  : )

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I am totally getting you something pink for your birthday! LOL! You better stop that laughing at me! Stop it NOW! LOLOLOLOLOL! Love you anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get to laugh at you very often. You aren't very girlie either.
    You do make me laugh. But that is because you are telling me funny things. :)
    Love you more!!

    ReplyDelete