Translate

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Good Monday

I was finally able to deliver my last Christmas present this week. 
Took awhile didn't it? 
My youngest daughter wears contacts but doesn't always have the money to get them.  I wanted to get her 1/2 years worth for Christmas.  It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.  I figured I would call her Optometrist and just ask them to order some for her.  Nope.  They said it had been just over a year since her last exam so they could/would not do that.  They suggested that I pay for her exam.  I didn't want to do that because I was pretty sure she had insurance that would cover the exam.  After the lady made several suggestions I thanked her for her time and planned on just telling Mattie about it on Christmas.  So on X-mas day after she opened her other gifts I told her what I wanted to do.  Go figure, she had already made an appointment to have her eyes examined in January.  She finally had them order the contacts this month and called me last week to let me know they were in. 
Of course it took me a few days to remember to go pick them up.  Anything that is different than my normal schedule is easily forgotten. 
I wonder why that is? 
I got to missing her and wanted to spend some time with her.  Poof!  Oh yea!  I still had not picked up her contacts!  Thank goodness the docs office was open on Presidents Day! 
I also wanted to go to Tulsa and visit Grams so we were able to get both visits in.  I played 2 games of Cribbage with Grams.  Wonder of wonder I won both games.  Grams seemed to be doing ok mostly.  She is having problems accepting her limits.  She is still mad about the family taking her car away from her.  She will just not accept that she shouldn't drive anymore.  She also said something about walking to the store.  I tried to convince her that it would not be a good idea.  I know she would get lost before she got very far.  She has lived in that same area for decades but her memory would fail her.  Plus it is not the best neighborhood anymore.  It is hard to see her so frustrated. 
When Mattie got home from work we headed to her house.  We wanted to go out for dinner but we were having trouble deciding where to go.  We were headed to our favorite Pizza place in Tulsa when Mattie suggested Kilkenny's.  It is an Irish Pub next door to the Pizza place.  BT & I hadn't been there before but Mattie and James had.  Excellent choice!  It was a little bit pricey but had great food and good service.  I don't mind paying a bit more if it is good. 
Monday turned out to be pretty good.  I had the day off so I slept in.  The dog has been waking me up early this weekend.  Saturday I had my feet hanging out of the covers and she kept kissing my toes.  Hard to sleep thought that!
I had a late breakfast or early lunch (however you want to look at it) that I did not have to cook or clean up!
I got to visit with my Grams.  Plus I was able to win two games of Cribbage against her.  That seldom happens.  Maybe she let me beat her?
I got to see my baby girl and have dinner with her and her hubby. 
I didn't have to cook dinner either.  I was able to eat at a new place.  That just never happens.  Or hardly never....
It was a good day. 
It wasn't perfect.  There were a few others that I would like to have seen.  I hate when my family lives out of town. 
Perfect would be if I had all of us together!  Now that would be a great Monday. 

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like it was a pretty great day! I love those days. :o)

    ReplyDelete