Translate

Friday, February 4, 2011

Not another snow day

Back to work this morning.  I am tired.  It has been a long day. 
Mother Nature did not pick a good time to cause so much interruption.  (Is there ever a good time?)  I did get a good start on the end of month stats.  Way too many other things kept interrupting me to get it all finished.  There was the Bail Bondsman that moved here from Mississippi that was... just... so... put out with Oklahoma laws.  He took forever to help and get him along his way.  He was horrified that everyone around here treats him like a bounty hunter.  I think if the phone hadn't rang when it did he would still be at my window. 
It didn't help that I was off for a few days and wasn't up to speed on what all measures they put in place to deal with the snow mess.  Us Okies are NOT used to 20 plus inches of snow!  Just trying to find a place to put all the stalled, stuck or abandoned cars has been a chore.  Then how do people that own those cars find them?  Trying to find out the answer to one of those types of phone calls took 30 min. of effort. 
Not such a bad day but I was glad to be able to lock up and leave the rest for another day.
BT went to the grocery store after he got off work.  They didn't have any milk or eggs.  One bread delivery truck was able to get in today so we did get 2 more loaves of bread.  Canned milk will have to do for cooking until the stores get more supplies.  Plenty of all the other supplies at the house so I guess I will have to be careful what I use the last of the milk and eggs for. 
Still much better than the ice storm we had a few years back that knocked every one's power out for weeks.  I still keep a good supply of candles on hand because of that adventure.  Nothing like losing your power in the winter!  Several of my friends have had their water pipes freeze this week.  That makes such a mess!  Me and my short supply of milk and eggs seem to doing pretty good all things considered. 
It snowed again most of the day.  It was a very wet heavy snow.  Not good when there is so much already on roofs.  More snow predicted for tonight and later this weekend.  I wonder how many roofs are going to give way before it gets warm enough to melt some of this off? 
No time or energy left to take any pictures today.  It would have been nice to take some of today's snow fall.  The wind wasn't blowing 35-40 mph so the big fat snowflakes would have shown up better.  Oh well maybe later this weekend I will get another chance.  I did get dinner made and cleaned up.  Trying to get a few loads of laundry done.  Not sure how much longer I can stay motivated. 

I will add two photos that I took yesterday afternoon of some strange clouds. 

Someone drew a line in the clouds.  The picture on the left is from my front porch looking east.  As far as I could see there was a line in the clouds.  The picture on the right was taken from my back yard looking west.  Again, a line as far as I could see. 
I wish it was like someone drawing a line in the sand and daring the snow not to cross!  Of course it only works if the snow is too afraid to cross.....

I think I will just sit back with a cup of warm tea, put on the headphones and listen to some music and relax for a bit before I head to bed.  It has been a long day.

1 comment:

  1. Those sky pix were too cool! Mother Nature is pretty amazing. I am sure that means something, and it would be intersting to find out. I will let you know if I figure it out! LOL!

    ReplyDelete