Translate

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Trees, water, sunshine and more trees.

I really enjoyed getting outside and walking around Friday.  The wind was still a bit cool when I left the house but a light jacket was plenty.  I started out at a neighborhood park with a small pond. 
The sun was so warm and it was very quiet.  There was one older kid on the swings when I 1st got there but by the time I walked around to that side they were gone.  I had the park all to myself.  Great little park with a nice picnic area and playground.  The pond has ducks and geese with a fountain in the middle.  The trees look well taken care of and the area is fenced in on three sides.  Not a cheap fence either!
The only thing that I could see that showed any wear was the chain on the swing set.
The Home Owner's Assoc. takes good care of this park!

My next stop was an Owasso Public park.  This was my 1st trip to this park.  It has some great old trees!  I took so many pictures of them. 


There were lots of people in this park but because it is so big it wasn't crowded at all!  It also has a great playground, a nice covered picnic area.  There is a creek that runs all the way through it.  There are winding paths and several bridges.  Great place for a long walk or a bike ride. 


My next stop was another visit to Stone Canyon.  I wanted to see what the little lake looked like in the winter.  It seemed to be holding up good.  There were a few people there fishing. 

Do you see the one small patch of snow left in a shaded area?  The big boulders made a nice place to sit down and enjoy the warm sun.  If I closed my eyes and just listened to the water it sounded just like one of the bigger lakes the my Grams used to take me to when we were kids.  The water level was low.  We need more rain.  Lots more rain.  I am not interested in the winter storm we are supposed to get early next week.  I prefer the wet type of moisture, not the frozen type.  Yuk!  (Sorry Lisa, I know you love the snow!)


I took a picture of this tree last fall and wanted to check the area out again.  I liked the way the shadow spread out in front of it. 

Of course I had to climb the large rock pile that they made.  I am not sure what this is supposed to be used for.  It does have a winding path all the way up. 

It does make a nice platform to look around. 

I think the water is even a prettier shade of blue than my car is in this photo. 
I spent more than a hour walking around this park area.  There really isn't much here yet except the "lake" and the rock pile.  There is lots of construction just on the other side of the water.  I look forward to what all they are going to put in.

I had one last stop at the park near my house.  I loved how this little tree's bare branches drooped in clusters.

I had been out for 5 hours by this point.  My camera battery was just about dead and I was hungry and tired.  I didn't want to go home but I needed to. 

Today was just as beautiful outside.  I didn't get to go out and play again.  Too many chores to get done and I had to do some shopping.  Just about finished redoing the bedroom.  Mattie came over to visit and she went with us on some of the shopping.  We made it back just in time for Shandy's visit.  Shandy is my adopted middle child that moved away when she was still in school.  I forgave her for leaving me.  She is a good egg.  She still comes to visit when she is in town.  AND she brought blackberry wine.  The real stuff not just flavored pretend blackberry wine.  Talk about making brownie points with mom!  Did I say she is a good egg?  Well she is!

I think I might have enough photos to keep me busy editing for a few days.  I will try to share more of them later. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice images. You seem to have the eye for a good photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jack. I am new to it and still learning. It is quickly turning into a passion!

    ReplyDelete