Translate

Saturday, January 8, 2011

One change

A new bed. That is all that we needed. Just a new bed.


We purchased one just a few years ago but it was a very bad buy. Way too soft! The extra thick pillow top was sagging and it was like sleeping in a bowl. It was awful. This old gimpy lady was having all kinds of problems with it. Then it was decided that we were going to switch from a queen to a king. THAT opened up all kinds of changes. Our old bedroom was not big enough for a king bed. Only one bedroom in the house was going to be big enough and it was not the one with the ½ bath. Oh well, who needs a ½ bath if they have a king size bed?

So out with the old yucky mattress. We gave it to one of my daughter's friends that did not have a bed. I hope he can sleep on it. (I sure couldn’t!) Everything had to come out of the old bedroom. I did leave the curtains on the windows and the pictures on the walls, but that is it. Then everything had to come out of the new bedroom and all that stuff put in the old room. This time the curtains and the pictures had to go too! We are so spoiled to black out curtains that I had to go find something that would work in the new room.

So 2 bedrooms completely emptied. Of course I can’t do any of the furniture moving but I was able to move the clothes around in the closets and strip and remake beds. The house was a mess. Most of it was piled up in the office. There is still a mess in the office. I will worry about that tomorrow. I can’t do anymore tonight.

The new bed was delivered today. The delivery crew did a good job and were gone in no time. So new bed was in and new curtains were hung. I have never had a king size bed before. That means I don’t have any bedding that will work on it. So back to the store to spend more money. It’s only money, right? JC Penny’s had a decent sale going so we got new pillows and bedding. I am going to have to live with only one set of sheets for a bit. Even on sale that stuff is not cheap!

Thank you to my daughter and my son-in-law for helping move stuff around today! It is frustrating to just stand and watch everyone else do everything.

Still have a few more things to get. We never did really decorate that room after my daughter moved out so we need to get some new pictures on the walls and maybe some lamps.

Who would have guessed that just getting a new bed would be such a big job that it would take all weekend to do it?

All of that will have to wait until I get rested up! I sure am tired from watching everyone else move furniture around!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been busy! Jacob got a queen size bed from our neighbor last week, so I can relate (somewhat) to what you did! We moved the twin bed to the middle bedroom and had to go buy queen sheets! Like you, just one set for now. We visited Big Lots for Jacob's. The were pretty cheap. Now he needs a comforter. Making due with our old King size one for now. He loves the new bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed you commenting! You are the only one who does! Hope you are feeling ok!?

    ReplyDelete