Translate

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Wildflowers and wind

I had Friday off and after getting the grocery shopping done I decided to reward myself and head over to an area that I have wanted to explore.  There is a large field behind one of the large shopping centers.  It probably won't be a field much longer.  It is already surrounded by the shopping center and a hospital on opposite sides and a neighborhood of houses and the highway on the other two sides. 

There is a road behind the shopping center that allows you to have access to the hospital from the back.  I take this road on the way to the Orthodontist and every time I see a flower I want to stop and take pictures.  It didn't take long to find flowers to snap pictures of yesterday.
There were clumps of these little beauties all over the place.

The sky was completely covered in clouds and of course the wind was trying to blow every thing away.  It often took several shots to get any close ups.  I would have the shot all framed and in focus and the wind would blow the flower clean out of the shot.  One of these days I will get to take pictures without the wind.  I won't have any excuses for the lack of focus or sharpness then. 
 So many of the flowers were on long slender stalks that the wind was really whipping around! 




It was almost too cool to walk around in the wind with just a t-shirt on but I was not going to head back to the house until I checked some of the area out.  I was dragging along my tripod in hopes of getting things in better focus.  I don't know if that helped or not!  But I did enjoy my walk and seeing things that I enjoyed taking pictures of. 



Thanks to my friend who inspired me to get out this week and look for some new wildflowers.  I always enjoy walking in an new area.  There was a huge area of this field that I did not get to cover.  Maybe I will get a chance to go back before they build over it.  What would really be nice is if they made a park out of it.  People from the hospital and the neighborhood would be able to see it and it would make a nice buffer between them and the commercial area.  The birds love it and I often see Scissor Tails from the roadway.  This trip I didn't but the Robin did stop and pose for me a few times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment