Translate

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Green

I went for a walk in one of my favorite parks after dinner tonight.  The air was cool and there were several people out on the paths.  Spring has all the trees and grass a beautiful shade of green. 
It has been cloudy all day, perfect walking weather.

I like this little tree.  I took a photo of it a few years ago in the winter when there was a nice shadow laying across the ground in front of it.  Way too many clouds for there to be any shadows today! 
It has grown even with the lack of rain and extremely hot summers we have had.

I found some wild flowers on the back side of the hill.  It was a nice surprise because there weren't any in the area were the truck was parked. When I got to the top and looked down there were pretty little yellow flowers scattered all over the grass.  There were some tiny purple ones too!


I am so very glad that winter is over.  I have high hopes that it won't be as hot and dry this summer.  I put a few veggies out and I hope I don't have to spend a fortune watering them!  I really look forward to the fresh tomatoes. It feels good to get my hands back in the dirt. There is still so much to do but I am taking it slowly.  I don't want to over do it and end back up on the side lines again. After working the last three Fridays I am really looking forward to a longer weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment