Translate

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter

I have several fond memories of Easter.  Some from my own childhood, more from my children's.  There are only a few years when the belief in magic is magic.  Easter is part of the wonderland of childhood.  Did you all know that the Easter Bunny is a girl?  She is a she.  Promise.  What you don't believe me?  Ask either one of my girls.  They can tell you about the time they saw the Easter Bunny in the girls bathroom at the Zoo's Easter egg hunt.  Fuzzy bunny feet under the bathroom stall door, seen and witnessed by all of us!
I remember believing in magic as a child.  I don't remember when I quit believing in it.  I guess it simply slipped away a little at a time.  Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy are still bright spots of the memory of that magic.  The only other time that I can remember that same feeling is when as a child I stood in front of a huge cross. It hung in the Methodist Church that my family belonged to.  I remember feeling very small and vulnerable while tilting my head back to look up at it.  It filled me with a feeling of awe and wonder.
I have glimpses of the magic now when I watch Mr. Man.  He is a wonderful child.  Strong willed, stubborn, sweet, affectionate, and always busy trying to figure things out.
 
He loves to dance. 

He likes Elmo and he loves to play outside. 

And he isn't sick of me taking pictures of him. 
Yet
I do like to take pictures of him. 
He was so handsome in his vest and tie on Easter. 
He enjoyed doing his Easter egg hunt.  He loved shaking the eggs and hearing them rattle.  He wasn't as worried about putting them in his basket.  If he found another one he would drop the one in his hand to pick it up. 


He is changing and growing so fast. This time he told me "love you" in the sweetest little voice. I think when you love a child your heart grows. It has to, because just when I think I couldn't love him any more I find myself falling a little harder.

Here are a few more pictures of this little man. He makes the funniest faces when he is trying to figure things out.





I love watching him with his Mommy and Daddy.  They are just the cutest family.  A whole world ahead of them yet to figure out and to live together.




Ugghhhh!!
It is so hard to say goodbye to them. 

1 comment: