Translate

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Gravy

It is back to work for me in the morning.  I am glad to get up and get busy again.  I hate that I have to wear the brace(s) out in public.  I wish I still had the back corner of my office that I could hide in.  My desk does have my back to the public window.  Maybe I can just act busy and not turn around?  It will be a short week since it is Turkey Day so just Mon-Wed.  Maybe I will get used to wearing "it" out in public??  I have my alarm set for 4:30, ugh.  I am used to 5:00 but since I am not driving I will have to leave the house earlier.  I think I can get up and get ready by 5:30 and still have some energy.  I hope I can.  I guess I will find out in the morning.  At least Records will not be open to the public until 8:00.  That will give me 2 hours to get used to being back.  Hopefully?
Today started out ok but I got to feeling bad this afternoon. I don't think I over did anything. All I did was take a shower.  So I took it very easy the rest of the day.  Translation - I sat on my back side all day.  I think I need to start planning a big production of burning or burying my neck braces for when I no longer need them.  I have a particular dislike for the hard one.  It would be a pleasure to watch it burn.  The soft one isn't as bad but it rubs against my neck.  Oh, and my chin/jaw is sore from sitting on top of the braces.  I know, I am wimpy.
I think I am ready for Turkey Day.  I am making a cake and a pie to take to Gram's house.  I hope I can be of some help to Aunt Mary that day.  Grams can't do it any more.  She can't remember how to make a pie.  It is so hard to watch her loose all of her skills.  She has always been a wonderful baker.  I got my love of baking from her.  I am not making my own pie crust.  I am not supposed to be over doing it.  It drives me nuts that I am so weak.  I can stir things fine but there is a strange pulling ache if I lift much of anything.  I do not want to over do it!  I do not want to start over with all of this!
I can't wait to see the family.  I wish my girls were going to be there.  I wish Danny and his family were going to be here.  I guess I need to start making plans to go visit Danny.  Kita wants to go with me and drive to PA.  I don't know how soon I will be up to that long of a road trip.  I want to go East and see Danny.  I want to meet his youngest and see the other two kids.  The last time I saw them the middle girl was just a baby.  Then I want to go West and see Eloi and her family.  That would be my 1st time to see the Ocean.  She also just happens to live by this dreamy forest that I want to visit. 
We are having company at our house Friday and I am going to try to make a Turkey and the fixings.  I am going to need bunches of help.  I am really looking forward to potatoes and gravy.  I have been craving gravy for weeks now.  There isn't a restaurant around here that makes decent potatoes and gravy.  Maybe 2 days of it will help get rid of this craving?  If not the leftovers should do the trick.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are going to work already! You are such a rock star. That seems fast for the surgery you had!

    About Thanksgiving...I mean, Lisa Day... Glad about the pies, I was a little nervous about what Grams might create. Are you also bringing Tabouli? I will if you won't. Let me know.

    Can't wait till Thursday, my favorite day of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not making tabouli. Can you do that? It is my favorite day too! Of course it is even better this year because it is your B-day too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel bad. Sometimes when you're sick or down, you have to see the small things like taking the shower as accomplishments. Some days when my pain levels are super bad, I set goals like, "Today I will finish my photo editing" or "Today I will shower" or even "Today I will read 3 chapters in my book." Then you feel better that you accomplished goals instead of feeling like "that's all you did." Just my humble opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ms. Lisa W. I try not to expect too much. But I hate when I have a day that seems like I am going backwards. I am trying to remember life isn't an even climb. It just isn't always easy to take all the ups and downs. I know you fight with pain much worse than mine. I hope all the shots and treatments you are going through help you get some relief.

    ReplyDelete