Translate

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Turkey......and gravy!

Great weekend.  We went to Gram's house on Thursday.  Aunt Mary and my sister Lisa did the cooking.  Everything was great!  I was limited to making a cake and a pie.  Neither one of my daughters where there this year.  I missed them.  Did I say the food was great?  It was!
It was nice to see my lil sister and her husband, Kim and son Jacob.  It was her birthday so the day was referred to as Lisa day not Turkey day or Thanksgiving.  Lisa's son is just about grown.  He seemed so much more relaxed this year.  He will probably grow up and go other places like my girls do too!  Houston, his wife Meredith and my favorite little cousin Mik were there.  Mik was cranky but I still took pictures of him.  He is such a beautiful child!  Houston's step mom and little sister were there too.  Lilly sure has grown up!  Uncle David was there playing on his computer in the corner.  My cousin Steph rounded out our group.  Only 13 this year.  The number sure has shrunk! 
Friday Rob and Carrie and Cohen came to visit.  LOVED having them.  We cooked the whole turkey spread again.  Mattie, BT and Carrie helped cook.  It was good.  There was so much I wanted to do but just not physically able to yet.  I look forward to getting back to 100% so I can really cook!  Maybe by Christmas?
I know it should go without saying but I love my Grandson so much.  He is....perfect.  I wouldn't change a thing about him.  I tried to not over do anything, but it was next to impossible to put him down once I was holding him.  I am very tired.  It was worth every bit. 
Of course I took lots more photos.  I am not pleased with the lighting in my kitchen/dining room.  The bulbs we have make things look yellow.  That will be fixed by Christmas.  We hang out in the kitchen more than the living room!  It did get me to do some creative photo editing. 
I faded and muted all of the colors then framed it in a white matte.  I love his little chubby baby fingers.  Why is it I think baby fat rolls are cute but I despise mine? 

This one I muted the colors and framed everything in black.  He was in his mommy's lap and he was just tuckered out.  Do you see the little fat rolls on his wrists?  What about the dimple on his elbow.  OH!  I have got it bad! 
I wish I could explain how I feel when I hold him. 
Then his mommy and daddy went home and took him with them.  I tried to talk him into tricking them.  I was going to put a couple bags of flour in his car seat and cover them up with a blanket.  But since I can't carry his car seat right now I had to scrap that plan.  I will see him around Christmas.  Not sure I can wait that long. 
I have loved all of the Turkey, potatoes and the GRAVY.  I had it for breakfast this morning.  I had it for dinner tonight.  The turkey was so juicy this year and the gravy was so creamy!  Yesterday I made a huge pot of turkey mushroom soup.  That is what I had for lunch.  But I sent the last little bit of that with Carrie and Rob.  Rob had a cold turkey sandwich for lunch.  There is still more turkey in the fridge.  Maybe Turkey pot pie or Turkey and rice in mushroom gravy? 
The only dessert left is one piece of pecan pie.  All of the Mandarin Orange cake, the Cherry pie, the pumpkin roll are gone.  I guess I should have made the Cheese cake.  Oh and I licked the last of the Whiskey Maple Cream Sauce from the bowl today so it is gone too!  That stuff is deadly good!!
My house is too quiet.  I am so very very tired. 
No work for me in the morning.  I have to stay home so the heat and air man can fix our heater.  It was acting up all weekend.  The replacement part will be here in the morning.  Once that is fixed I will go to work in the afternoon. 
One more thing made for a nice weekend.  I am a finalist in the City of Owasso's photo contest.  I was way too pleased that one of my pictures was picked.  There are 14 photos that the City picked.  They have  printed large copies of them and will move them around to several locations in the City for people to vote on.  I hope to, at least, win a copy of my photo printed and framed.  That would be cool.  This is the pic.

Out of ooomph!   For sure.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pix of that sweet baby. Nothing better than that. Someday, if I am good, I will get a turn too. Hopefully it will be a few more years. Also like your Owasso picture! Can I vote?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The City is letting the public vote to pick the winner. The voting was supposed to start this week but they have had problems getting the photos printed. Here is what the printed voting schedule looked like.
    11/26 - 12/2: Bailey Education Foundation
    12/3 - 12/9: Owasso Community Center
    12/10 - 12/16: Mary Glass Performing Arts Center
    12/17 - 12/23: Owasso City Hall
    12/24 - 12/30: Belk Department Store
    I don't know if they will change it since it hasn't started because of printing problems. I will try to let you know if I hear anything.

    ReplyDelete