Translate

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

News

I had my return trip to the doc this morning.  Good news I am healing fine.  Bad news I have to wear the neck brace(s) for another 3 weeks.  I am really sick of them both.  The "hard" brace is the devil. 
I get to return to work next Monday.  I am limited to 1/2 days until my return visit in Dec.  Still not allowed to lift much, but I can start doing more things.  I am not allowed to drive yet, but I can go on short trips around town. 
So I am kinda still mostly on the gimp list.  I can do almost everything for myself again.  I am so very very uncomfortable having others do things for me.  Well other than cooking.  I really like when others cook.  I get tired of eating my cooking.  I don't mind when others do the driving either.  I prefer sitting on the passenger side and eyeballing everything around me.  I think that is it.  Everything else I want to do myself.  I  wondered if I would be able to have someone else clean my house?  When I was younger the answer would be a big fat no.  Now...... maybe some of it.  I will have to think on this some more. 
I think I am going to go take a nap now.  I had trouble going to sleep last night and got up early this morning.  My first trip out in a vehicle kinda made me sore too. 
Best news is doc said I could hold Cohen when he comes visit next week.  I can't bend over and pick him up but I CAN hold him if someone else hands him to me.  This is the best news.  God I love babies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment