Translate

Monday, November 15, 2010

Open minded? Right

I am feeling so much better.  Not anywhere near 100 percent yet, but much better.  Now my challenge is to not over do anything.   
Since I haven't been able to leave the house I have not seen my Grams in 3 weeks.  She has no ability to keep track of time now so when I called her today she had no idea how long it has been since I have been to visit her.  She is also hard of hearing and if she answers the "wrong" phone at her house she can't hear a thing you say to her.  I think she answered the "wrong" phone when I called her today.  So I found myself YELLING into the phone the same 2 sentences.  I thought that she finally understood me until she asked if the doctor had done the "thing" to me yet.  I ended the call telling her that I go back to the doctor in the morning.  She did hear that.  I know she did because she repeated it back to me.  That doesn't mean she will remember what I said.  I think I might need to stop and see her after my appointment if there is time.  I think the neighbors might of heard me trying to talk to her. 
Getting old is often not nice.  It can be hard on the person and their family. 
Speaking of.  I have high hopes that this surgery will fix my pain and that I can get back to moving around again.  I know it has fixed some of it, but I can't use my arms to lift any weight yet to see if that has been cured.  I hope I am not too old. If it is fixed then that means I no longer have that as an excuse.  I will have nothing to blame but myself for not getting up off my back side and staying motivated. 
The pressure will really be on.  Trying to get back into shape during cold weather is not easy for me.  I do not like the cold.  The holidays will add some temptations too. 
The holidays!  I love Turkey day.  Good food, family, desserts, left overs.  This year Turkey day is my sister's B-day too.  I know what I want to get her but I don't know if I will be released to do any shopping in time.  Keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to do at least that one trip. 
My Grandson and his mom and dad are coming to visit the day after Thanksgiving.  They are staying all weekend.  Pure bliss to know I will have 2 days of all their company.  He weighs more than 11 lbs now.  That means I can't hold him, but I can put him in my lap. 
I have been listening to lots of youtube music trying to keep from getting bored in the evenings.  I couldn't sleep one night and stayed up listening to all kinds of music.  I had no clue that Everlast did 2 songs with Santana.  I knew he did one because of them winning an award for it.  But I really like the 2nd one too.  It is not what I usually listen to.  Too much like rap.  I do like the singers deep voice and the story of the song is good.  It got me listening to some of his other music and I found a few that I liked ok.  I am shocked to like something by a rap artist.  Of course the stuff that I could stand didn't have much rap style to it either.  I have ended up with all kinds of Music written down that I want to buy.  It's amazing what keeping an open mind can lead too.  Me and any type of rap music?  So I guess that means my hard head can open at least a little.  I am going to confess another artist that is kinda like rap that I will listen too, Linkin Park.  Real rap listeners would say that they don't rap.  But I am not a real rapper, at all, now or ever, period.  So anyhows.... I have loved the song Crawling from the very 1st time I heard it.  There is so much of me in that song.  I like to say I am over my childhood abuse but it still likes to peek out at weird times.  Music seems to be one of those times.  I also found a new favorite.  I like to have lots of favorite songs.  That way I never get tired of any of them.  My new favorite, All American Nightmare by Hinder.  LOVE IT!  I can't wait until I am healed enough to really enjoy that song.  It is not easy for me to hold still while listening to a good rock song.  I usually listen to that kind of music by myself.  Nobody else in the house likes it so......  I like to turn it up and dance around like a fool.  Unfortunately, for now, I sit at the computer with my neck brace and headphones on and turn it up.  All the way up.  All I can get away with for now is to make it as loud as I can.  I know, I am a dork.  Today is not one of the days I mind being a dork.  : ) 
So I think I have been yapping long enough for this blog.  If you haven't heard the Hinder song OR if you haven't seen the video look it up.  Very sexy video.  Great rock sound. 
One more thing.  I would like to thank my daughters for keeping my love of music "up to date".  I miss them being at home so that I hear the newest, latest, greatest.  I started falling behind again the day my baby moved out.  That could get me started again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment