Translate

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Super Moon

After my sad attempts at taking photos of the moon last week I heard on the news that there will be a super moon out.  It doesn't matter to me the science of it.  I just enjoy the view.  Here are a few of my favorite attempts to capture it last night.

OH!  And I need a tripod. I really need a tripod!  Every little wiggle equals blur and more blur. 
At the beginning of the evening I was afraid the clouds would cover it up.  They thinned out enough to make some cool photos.  Without the clouds all I would have captured was a glowing blur.


I tried several ways to try to hold still and capture some decent photos.  I figured out if I sat down in the driveway, propped my elbows on my knees and leaned up against the truck bumper, I was able to keep from wiggling while waiting for the slow shutter speed to catch enough light. 


I think I might try and have a few of these printed.  I like the hint of color that came through. 
We still need some pictures to put on the walls of our bedroom.  If I hit Hobby Lobby's next 1/2 price sale they have on framing it shouldn't cost too much. 

I have tons to get done today.  I spent the whole day yesterday "helping" Mattie move.  I don't know how much help I was since I can't carry much weight.  But I did go up and down the stairs to her 2nd story apt bunches!  Now I need to self motivate and get some things done around my house.  Of course I won't get a thing done "playing" on the computer! 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures! Your camera makes me drool! LOL! I guess you should put the tripod on your "want" list. Perhaps you can find one on EBAY.

    ReplyDelete