Translate

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Changes

It has been a busy week at work.  We started new software.  New CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) on Sunday and Records on Wednesday.  If any of you have ever been through a change like this at work you will understand how much of a challenge it is. 
My brain is tired and I wasn't even one of the ones that did the most work on it.  Huge project!
I have tomorrow off.  I need it. 

I better get my battery recharged good.  It will be my five day week next.  I figure it will take several weeks to get all of the Officers used to the new system.  Just in case y'all don't know.  Cops hate change.  They really hate when you change how they write their reports!  Makes a few of them grumpy.  Dispatchers also hate change.  If you change a Dispatcher's CAD they also get grumpy.  I have 1st hand knowledge of how grumpy they can get.  It has been a few years but I remember how grumpy I was with the last change.
I hope I get used to the new system sooner than them! 

I am looking forward to the nicer weather we are supposed to have this weekend.  I hope to get out and take some pictures.  That always relaxes my brain.  I also want to make contact with an old friend from Elementary School that I found on FB this week.  She was my best friend when I was a kid!  We haven't seen each other in more than 20 years.

2 comments:

  1. Curious about which friend! Fun to find lost people! :o)

    Yes, change is stressful, but obviously necessary. It reminds me of how old I am. I think back at all the change I have transitioned through and I feel every year.... I sprouts gray hair and wrinkles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Sondra Casey. My only very very bestest from way back.

    ReplyDelete