Translate

Friday, March 25, 2011

Done

Done!  Done with work for the week. 
I have the rest of the weekend off. 
I do love my 3 day weekends! 
Work started out brutal again this week.  We found out that someone in our IT department loaded the training program for the new software incorrectly.  What was loaded was the real program with an icon saying it was the training program.  So for more than a week Officers thought they were playing around in the training program.  NOT!  It was the real program.  Of course that explained so many of the strange errors that we kept getting.  It made for a very long Monday and Tuesday. 
But I don't have to think of any of those headaches for now.  The weekend is here and this weekend I have plans. I am spending them with the cutest little guy in the family. Not sure what all we are going to do yet. Mostly it depends on the weather. If if is pretty maybe the zoo or the park? If it is cold or raining the aquarium has been suggested. I haven't been there yet so I would like to go.

Something fun, somewhere that I can take pictures, something that will put a smile back on my baby girl's face.  She had a rough week too.  My momma's heart can't take it when my girl's are sad.  I so wish my oldest could be here this weekend too!  My heart is hurting for her also.  Things are kinda slipping around on the low side for them lately.  Enough ebb time for some upward flow!

Here is something I was inspired to write this week.  Not sure how many of the others from the Home share this view?  Some of the kids had a much sadder story than mine. 
I was made aware at a young age that no matter how bad you have it, someone has it worse.  What a sad group we were!

We had food, a roof over our head and a bed to sleep in, the things that would keep a child’s body safe. The ones that could have been our examples went in their room each night and shut their door. They closed up their hearts and left us to cling to each other.

We were wounded and broken. We were not shown our individual value.

All of us had dreams, some were grand but most were simple.

It was our spirits that begged for attention. We knew they never expected us to succeed.

We were all scattered at different times to different places. It has been amazing when we find each other again. There is a joy that we feel to know that another of us made it out.

We all have heard the same response when people hear our story. “You seem so normal to have had such a horrible childhood.” But we are not normal.

We just became very good at hiding our pain. No matter how hard we try to cover up where we came from it cannot be changed. We were the unwanted. No matter what we succeed at we never believe we are good enough. How can we be? We were the thrown away trash.

The strong personalities and the stubborn will are the tools we used to pull us up so we could show everyone that we do have value. It started as a front to show the world. It becomes a wall that we make everyone face, even the ones we love.


I know.  More boo hooing.  Sorry.
I am blaming it on the stress from the last few weeks.  It doesn't matter that I boo hoo even if there isn't any stress.  That is what I am blaming it on this time.  Nice of me to share my crap, huh?
Enough said and done for the day.

3 comments:

  1. What a nightmare with the I.T. Glad you managed to get it sorted.

    As far as the second part of your blog is concerned. I never cease to amazed at the fortitude of the human spirit to get through even the most severe adversity.

    I can understand why the memories you have will never leave you. Discussing and sharing it with others can only help. It is better than keeping it 'bottled up inside'.

    You've done extremely well to push through it and achieve what you have. Be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words Jack, I do truly appreciate them. It does help to write them down. I know I will visit this subject again. It is just too big of a part of me to leave it completely alone. Time to look forward for a bit. Enough of the “poor me” boo hooing for now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me cry. You are right, we will never forget being rejected by our families, we will never forget being rejected, being told we were not good enough. But those of us who are strong enough will keep trying to tell ourselves, our kids and those around us, that we are good enough and so are they. We are worth it. We deserved better. Thanks for sharing that. I know emotions are raw and brutal. Not always easy to share. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete