Translate

Monday, April 4, 2011

Been there

Have you ever watched someone do something stupid?  OR... Thought you were a casual observer to the ridiculous, only to come to the conclusion that you have to admit (at least to yourself) that you recognize the ridiculous behaviour because you have done it also?  Ever been irritated by someone, then realize you may have done the same thing? 
I will be honest and admit that I have to answer yes to all of the above questions. 
Good thing I realized a long time ago that I was a dork or my self worth would take a horribly crippling blow. 
But since I accepted that as fact (the whole dork thing) things are not quite as painful.  Still not pleasant. 
I have never been sorry that I kept my mouth shut. 
There have been so many times that I was sorry that I didn't. 
So why is it still so hard for me to not make a comment?
I know the answer.  Really I do!

It
is
cause
I
am
a
dork! 

I do still laugh at myself harder than when I laugh at others.  It helps to take the edge off.

2 comments:

  1. The mistakes we have made and stupid things we have done in the past is a part of growing up. You are right in that we have short memories about what we have done in the past before we criticise others; or do we?

    It may be that the learning aspect of doing stupid things ourselves helps us subconsciously to recognise the stupid or malicious acts of others and try and guide them away from those acts. The older generation (me) like to call it 'experience'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard for me to imagine you being very stupid these days. You had a few moments in the past, but who doesnt? It is what you learn from those moments that count. That give you 'experience', like Jack said. There is no other good way to get it than to live it. You are a smart cookie. You are kind and generous to others. That is why you empathize with them. And yes, laughing at yourself is always good!

    ReplyDelete