Translate

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Rain

Thank God it rained tonight!  It has been way too dry for spring.  How are things supposed to turn green or bloom in May if it don't rain in April?
I enjoy listening to the rain.  We have a corrugated roof on our covered patio that the rain sounds so cool hitting.  It does get loud when the hail hits it.  Thank goodness it was just pea size.  There has been some cool thunder too.  But the lightening has been wicked.  Two houses have been hit in town.  It reminds me of my fun in dispatch.  I have the back door open listening to the rain and sirens.  Enjoying the fact that I am NOT answering 911 anymore.  A shout out to the ones that are working in there tonight!  I hope it didn't get too crazy!  This type of crazy keeps the dispatchers, officers and firemen busy but it doesn't usually make much paper work for me.  Other than trying to edit the call list for the media in the morning.  That might be a bit longer with all the weather related calls.  Thunder Storms sure set off a lot of false alarms.  That can add to my work.  But 1st I still have to figure out a better way to track the false alarms on the software.  What I've got is not good enough.  I might need to think of something else.  Seems like the more I think on this the more I realize how much work the weather is causing me after all.
Hmmmgh
I had a customer this week that reminded me of something.  Smile.  Enjoy life.  Grumpy people are ugly no matter what they look like.  I wonder how much better she would have looked if she would have smiled?
 
I should wrap things up and start getting ready for bed.  I haven't felt good this week and it was really hard to get up this morning.  I do get to sleep a bit later in the morning since I don't have to be at work until 8:00.  I also took a long nap after work.  So maybe Friday morning won't be as bad with all that extra sleep.

I need to check my gutters.  It was raining pretty hard, but I might need to make sure they aren't clogged up.  Pretty sure the gutter is supposed to divert the rain to the down spout.  Not fall out along the length of it like this. 
I need to start a to do list.   

No comments:

Post a Comment