Translate

Monday, April 25, 2011

4 Days Off

It is finally raining like it is spring.  The back yard looks more like a full pond than green grass.  We needed rain badly.  But why does it have to go from drought conditions to flooding? It also made it difficult to take Easter photos when it would not quit raining. 
There were a few moments when it was just sprinkling that we snuck in a few with the use of an umbrella. 

Aren't they just the cutest little family?
I took this one in Rob and Carrie's back yard.  Theirs does not look like a pond.  It is just pretty and green.

The trip to Missouri was nice.  My baby girl went with us this time and her Hubby dog sat for us.  It was nice to have her along. 
On the way there she slept and I took pictures. 

On the way home she only took a short nap and then I got to sleep. That was a rare treat!  It rained the whole way home.  Most of the time it was a hard rain too!  It is always nice to get home after a trip.  This time even more so cause we played way too hard all weekend! 
It started Thursday night at a club in Tulsa called Crow Creek.  My little brother's band played there and I finally got to hear them!  I enjoyed myself so much.  As the night went on I noticed something.  My little sister Lisa and my little brother Joe have many of the same mannerism.  The only time they lived together was one summer for a few months.  They have different mothers.  They had completely different upbringings.  But I kept noticing similarities.  Strange what we can inherit.  
Friday night was the George Thorogood concert.    Excellent concert!  We stayed out way too late considering we were getting up early the next morning for a road trip.  Going to bed after 2:00am when the alarm goes off at 7:00am was painful!  Who would have guessed we would run into my little brother Joe after the concert?  So, after seeing him last summer for the 1st time in almost 20 years, I saw him twice last week. 
We need to make plans to spend time in a place that does not have a live band playing so we can talk more!  There are so many things that I want to ask him about.
We made good time on the trip down and it was so nice to spend time with Cohen and his Mommy and Daddy.  Mattie hogged the baby.  I think she might like babies almost as much as I do.  I have several pictures of them playing together.  Here are a few of my favorites. 



It looks like he might like his Aunt Mattie a little bit too. 

Carrie's sister lives right around the corner from them and we were invited to their house for Easter Lunch.  The food was wonderful!  They made us feel so welcome.  She let me use her tri-pod.  Plus she didn't mind if I took a few pictures.  Her little boys were adorable!  Long eye lashes, cute smiles and such friendly little guys.  I only got to snap a few pictures before the youngest had enough.  He was not in the mood to cooperate. 


He may not have wanted to hold still for a family photo session but once they sat him down he got busy showing off.




See what I mean about the long eye lashes?  Such handsome boys!  I enjoyed meeting some of Carrie's family. 
 
 
 
I am so glad I took today off.  I needed it to recover from last week.  Too much stress and playing too hard.  I had several doctor's appointments, they were the cause of my stress.  Some good news and some unanswered questions still.  The x-rays show the bones are healing fine but the nerves are still causing me problems.  I had another EMG test.  It was on both arms this time.  Another reminder that I still do not like needles.  I am also not very fond of getting shocked.  Go figure. 
I really hate letting strangers touch me.  It makes me a nervous wreck.  I am such a wimp.
Hopefully the test will give them some answers as to why my hands and arms are still going numb. 
So now I wait until they call with the test results. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks as though you had a great weekend despite the rain. Good luck with the test results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! That Cohen is so cute! I love your pictures. Let me know what your test results are. I will be praying they find some way to relieve you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete