Translate

Saturday, October 30, 2010

It worked out for the best.

Yea!  The surgery is over.  It went so much better than I hoped it would.  I did NOT have to have bone taken from my hip!!  The surgeon said that there was a small chance that there would be a bone spur big enough to use.  And guess what he found right in the middle?  So I am thankful for a big bone spur!  Of course that probably was what was hurting me too.  So I think it is poetic justice that the thing causing me pain for years was used to fix me. 
I didn't plan this "vacation" very well.  I should have picked up a stack of books.  I could have bought photo albums and put years worth of photos away.  Maybe I can get someone to go to the store and buy me a few photo albums.
I have been ordered to not do any housework.  I am so upset that I can't do any dishes.  ; )  Y'all should know how much I love to do dishes.....
I am not supposed to lift my arms above my head or bend over and pick anything up off of the floor.  Of course that makes it difficult to do anything with my hair.  Plus I have already dropped several things on the floor.  I am not graceful and taking the pain pills just exaggerates my clumsiness.  I wish I didn't have to take the pills.  They make me very sleepy.  I have drifted off several times sitting up.  It isn't like I have to hold my head up.  The neck collar does that for me.  : )~
The surgeon did say that I could go on short car rides but to limit them as much as possible.  He said the vibration keeps the bones from healing as fast.  I think I will stay home and let everything heal faster. 
I am done for the night.  I keep drifting off. 

Good night
from the doped up purple pin cushion

1 comment:

  1. It was good to see you Sunday. You looked good and I am impressed with your recovery already. I know Bruce will take good care of you and that you will have a "model" recovery! I am praying for you. Love you so much! Your favorite sister!

    ReplyDelete