Translate

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Quick trip

During lunch Friday we realized that if we did not go to Missouri this weekend I would not be able to see the Grandson until Thanksgiving.  I panicked a little bit.  That is just too long to not see him. 
Next weekend is Birthdays and the fund raiser in Collinsville.  The week after that is the surgery. 
So a quick call to see if Mattie could watch Shy and off we went Saturday morning.  It was a decent trip and we made good time.  There are flowers all over the roadside.  Yellow ones, purple ones and some type of plant that has red foliage.  I just itch to stop and take pictures but it is not safe.  I was finally able to locate some of the yellow flowers on the hillside behind our hotel. 
I took just a few moments and snapped a few photos on the way out this morning.  Sure makes me want to see what the other flowers looked like.  I was able to get a picture of the old red barn that I admired last time.  BT parked across the road and I took a few with the regular lens then I loaded the zoom lens.  Still not as close as I would have liked.  But I am pretty sure the owners would not like me walking around on their property. 


It sets up on this hill with a busy road that runs behind the property.  Rob told me last time that we visited that the owners had rebuilt it not long ago.  I have an itch to get closer and explore what kind of rock foundation was used.  There is a little bit of it visible but I would really enjoy walking around inside of it.  I haven't been inside of a barn since I was a young girl and for some reason I find I miss it.  I used to love to play inside the one in Colfax WA.  I didn't realize how cool of a building it was back then.  Sure wish I could go back and see if my memory of that place is right.

It was a nice visit.  I got to snuggle with the cutest little guy ever.  I am so glad that Rob and Carrie let me hold him so much.  I really have fallen in love with him.  I love the way he curls up next to me.  He makes the cutest faces and new baby noises.  Yep, I got it bad.

It was too cute when he put his hand and foot on my chest and fell asleep.  I kept missing parts of the conversations because I was lost in grandma land.  I don't know who took the photo on the right but I think it is the best picture of me that I have seen in years.  I need to show that side more often.  No wrinkles show and my double chin is gone.

I also got to see Kita today.  She was in town for just a little bit so I got to spend about an hour with her.  I think Mattie and I are going to try to go to Stillwater next Sunday for Kita's Birthday.  Where did the last 20 + years go.  I can remember when she was small enough to curl up on my chest.  Now she is almost a quarter of a century old.  Wow!  Putting it down like that is an eye opener.  Crap I am O L D.

No comments:

Post a Comment