Translate

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Drying out

No storms Saturday!  The sun shined all day long and there was a nice breeze blowing.  It was a beautiful day to be outside. 


It was perfect weather to open up the windows and air the house out.  We spent the afternoon cleaning out the shed and putting up shelves.  I pulled out a few boxes of the girls old toys and looked through them.  I cleaned the lids up and packed them all away.  I am waiting for a Granddaughter to put these toys to use.

The Cottonwood tree in the neighbor's backyard was spitting out fluff everywhere.  It was the only thing that this spider was catching.
Shy loved being outside with us all afternoon.  She chased bugs for hours.  That is what she is doing in this picture.  Nose down and looking for flies to hunt.  She does pretty good catching them in the house but outside is a little bit harder of a job. 
She was so worn out that she barely moved around the house last night.  She is slowing down and has problems getting up and down when she has played too hard.  I am trying to prepare my heart.  For now, she is still my youngest daughter that never left home.  She had no desires to stretch her wings and try the world with out me.  I try to remember to be patient because there will be a day when she will no longer be under my feet or laying right in my way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment