Translate

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Take your medicine

It appears we all have areas that are fragile.  The difference is how we live with it.  Good or bad, or some of both.  This was written over several weeks.  The misuse is sad.  The ones taken that don't work are heartbreaking. 

A pill to kill the pain.
Another to make you smile

One to help you sleep
Are your muscles tight
Some poison to kill the evil C
Do you need help staying level

Little but strong to smooth a beat
Or is your pressure too high
One to stop the newest bud
Or another to help it grow

Something to wake you up
Anything you want to forget

Do you need help with the sweet
Is your problem paying attention

Are your eyelashes too short
Some mold to stop the germs

Take your medicine
It is a miracle

You can live forever
If you can swallow it

Almost always a lie
and only temporary


I wrote this a year ago.  I didn't post it at the time.  A few weeks later I edited it and for some reason still did not post it. 

Here it is now. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so amazed that you are so poetic. I love it! I agree with your sentiment. They have a pill for everything, and I hate them!

    ReplyDelete