Translate

Friday, May 31, 2013

Oklahoma

Oklahoma in the spring time can be beautiful.  Everything waking back up from the cold.  I love seeing things turn green again.  Seeing the grasses carpeted with the colors of flowers makes me itch to get my camera and take pictures.  It has been so hot and dry the past two years that most living things outside have just wilted.  It didn't seem to matter how much water I put on the back yard.  Day after day of 110 plus heat with no rain was just too much. 
This spring has been different.  It has rained and rained.  The storms have been awful.  So many tornadoes.  The weather was bad last night and again tonight.  May has been wild in Oklahoma.  As I mentioned in my last post my hubby's hometown is Moore, OK.  It was hit hard. 
More than 30 of our Owasso Police Officers responded over several days.  They helped search buildings, stood at assigned posts and handed out supplies gathered in Owasso. 
The town was hit again tonight with more damage.  My heart goes out to all of these families.  I know our family that live in that area are frightened.  The are also very sick of the sight seeing public.  If you aren't there to help please stay away and let these people try to get on with their lives. 

There are lots of photos.  I only posted a small portion of the photos that the Officer's took.  As you look through them notice how many flags are displayed.  How the families show their strength and courage are evident in many of the pictures.  I had to smile at the garage sale sign. 

Each house was a home.  Each vehicle was the transportation to work and school.  Some lost everything but each other.  Others lost more. 









 











 


 
 

1 comment:

  1. This has been a heart breaking 2 weeks. So tough to see all the destruction our neighbors have been through. And now daybreak will show more. Hoping the weather settles down now.

    ReplyDelete