Translate

Monday, December 3, 2012

Some wind!

I actually got out of the house this weekend.  It wasn't a much wished trip of a quiet walk, but it was out of the house.  In fact it was smack dab in the middle of downtown Tulsa.  I took photos of a nice young man for his Senior yearbook.  It was so windy that is was difficult to find a place that wouldn't blow us all away.  I remembered a small sunken garden that I walked past a few years ago and the area did provide some shelter from the wind.  We also took a few pictures around a nice fountain that had some lovely Willow trees.  The wind did make it challenging! 

Once we finished taking pictures we had lunch downtown at a pretty cool place called Caz's Chow House.  It was a bit difficult to get close enough to park because several roads were blocked off for a run that was just finishing up.  It was worth the effort.  The food was good and so was the service.  The place is right next to the new park called Guthrie Green.  The whole area was pretty quiet.  I guess because of all the roads in the area being blocked off.  Seeing the tic tac toe on the sidewalk made me smile.  I walked around the park for just a few moments before it was time to head back home.  I did, of course, take time to take a few pictures of the flowers. 



The weather has been so warm it is hard to believe it is December.  I left the house this morning in a short sleeved shirt and no jacket.  I am still not a fan of cold weather but I hate to think of how bad another long, hot, dry summer will be.  We need rain or snow and lots of it.  We had both front and back doors open this evening trying to cool the house off.  I made a big pot of beef vegetable stew for dinner and while it was simmering on the stove I took a few pictures in the back yard.



 
Again the wind was really blowing today!  I kinda like how this last photo had all the leaves blurred blowing in the wind.
 
It is amazing that there are any leaves left on the trees at all.  Have I mentioned that the wind has been blowing like crazy?  Crazy I tell ya!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Smashing picture of American life. Well worth documenting. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete