Translate

Saturday, July 21, 2012

House Mouse

I have a mouse in my house.  The trap has been set forever and "he" ain't takin the bait.  So today I pulled everything out from under the cabinet.  I have piled all of it on top of my table and on top of the counter.  There are boxes of crackers, Pioneer mix, syrup, flour, sugar, hot cocoa, tea bags, cornmeal and oatmeal stacked up.  Now the trap is set under the cabinet. I don't want to put anything away yet.  I really do want to get rid of this pesky little varmit
So while trying to figure all of this out I saw a post on my lil Sister's fb.  She also has a mouse in her house.  From the comment about her doing a scaredy dance I assume that she has seen her mouse.  I haven't spotted mine yet.  I have heard it scampering around, *yuck*, and I have seen the evidence, uhhh....*double yuck*!  That is what has motivated me to empty out my cabinets.  Finding mouse turds on stuff that is supposed to be clean REALLY bothers me! 
 I keep waiting to hear the snap of the trap.  I hate killing things and it isn't easy for me to set a trap knowing, that if it works, I have killed something.    That means I also dread hearing the snap of the trap.  I can kill a bug without it bothering me but that is all. 
I can't empty the trap once it has "snapped". 
Nope.  No way.  No can do.  
Ain't happening. 
It is just not possible.
Now why does just the thought of seeing a dead mouse, that has been causing so many problems, give me the heebie jeebies? 
I can tell you if that dumb thing shows itself to me I will be doing a scaredy dance too!  I am lucky, my doggie won't laugh at me like my lil Sister's do her.  Shy baby loves her momma and knows who gives her the good stuff.  She knows I am the boss.  Shy baby knows who will lock her outside if she does laugh at me! 
My lil Sister has just posted that she just heard her trap snap.  She also has to wait for her "Prince Charming" to empty the trap.  I don't think she has looked to see if the "snap" was a hit or a miss. 
We are so much alike you would think we were sisters or something! 

No comments:

Post a Comment