Translate

Monday, July 23, 2012

Happy Birthday

Today is Grams 91st birthday. 
Yesterday there was a party at her house to celebrate it. 
It is too hot to spend any time out grilling so we had a pizza party for her. 
Grams likes pizza! 

There were a few presents for her to open and lots of Pizza to eat.


Yep, that is a can of Bud in front of her.  Beer goes good with Pizza.  It has to be Bud too.  Not Bud light, not Coors or any other type of beer.  It has to be Bud in the can, no bottles for Grams.  She did have to get up and pour it in a glass.  She said she just can't drink it out of the can.  I wonder if I poured it from a bottle in to a glass if she would be able to tell the difference? 

I think I will leave well enough alone and not push my luck. 

Her memory is so much worse.  She has a hard time remembering names and who people are.  But she really seemed to enjoy having company.  Her and Gramps were very social and usually had a group of friends at their house most weekends.  I don't think that there are very many of their friends left. Alzheimer's or Dementia, what ever name you call it by, it is a sad thing.  All the things she was so good at and enjoyed doing are lost to her now.  She used to love to make cookies.  There were usually two or three types of cookies in the cookie jars.  She made crabapple jelly from the tree in her front yard.  That tart jelly made some of the best jelly filled sugar cookies.  Hmmmmm, Always one of my favorites.  A close second was snickerdoodle cookies. YUM!  I never was any good at making either of those.  I do have her recipe for peanut butter cookies. 
 It would be nice if it was cool enough to turn the oven on, that will have to wait until fall.  One Hundred plus is just too hot to do any baking! 
I think she had a nice time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment