Translate

Thursday, July 5, 2012

The 4th

Since the 4th of July came in the middle of  the week this year I was able to make a very long weekend out of it.  With Wednesday and Friday off I didn't see any point in going to work on Thursday.  So I burned 10 hours of vacation and ended up with 5 days off. 
I love bargains and using my vacation time in such a way is a bargain!
We spent the whole day doing things. 
I needed to practice with my new camera AND I have a new lens to get used to. 
We headed to Claremore first then to Oologah.
Our firtst stop was at Will Rogers birthplace.  It is such a beautiful house and I love the barn.

The view of Lake Oologah is wonderful.  The original location of the home was flooded when the dam was built so the whole place was moved.  It is a beautiful piece of property with a great view now.  The breeze coming in from over the water felt wonderful. There is a caretaker that lives on the property and takes care of the animals.
  It was a surprise to see peacocks inside the barn.

There is still an outhouse on the property.
  I did not open the door to see if it was still being used.  


Next we headed to the lake.  We didn't want to spend the whole day there, too hot for that.  Now if we had a boat.......  but, we don't.... so we just spent the morning checking out lake Oolagah. 

This did look like fun!  And much cooler than standing on the bank taking pictures. 
The beaches were crowded, the campsites were full and there were lots of fisherman out trying their luck.  I was fascinated by the color pattern on the walls below the dam.
Makes me wonder what is in the water that makes all those different colors? 

Even with all the people at the lake there were still areas that were pretty quite.  I liked this shallow area that had several small willows growing.  There was a little bit of shade from them and the breeze felt good.


We ended the day at Gram's house.  She was in a good mood and didn't seem too forgetful. 


It was a very nice 4th of July. 

Now I am off to visit Kita in Stillwater.  I have my bag packed and my camera charged.  : )~

See y'all in a few days.




No comments:

Post a Comment