Translate

Monday, September 5, 2011

Quiet days

I love days off.  I like when I don't have anything planned and can just relax and enjoy the day.  The luxury of waking up with out an alarm is so sweet.  Taking my time drinking coffee and deciding what, if anything, I feel like doing for the day.  Having Monday off is so nice.  I will pay for it in the morning, but I will worry about that in the morning. 
We went out for a little while last night so I could satisfy my itch to take pictures.  Back out at Stone Canyon.  I wish I could afford to build a house on this lot.  Or better yet to buy all the lots on this cul-de-sac!  I love the view from the bluff looking back south towards Tulsa. 
There is an old tree here that someone has taken the time to trim.  It isn't easy for a tree to get this size in Oklahoma with out some care.  Ice storms, wind storms, and draught all take their toll.  I hope that the person that buys this land will keep the tree. 


As I was walking around taking pictures and enjoying the cooler weather I could hear an Owl hooting near by.  The ground is littered with leaves that have dropped early from the trees because of our long HOT summer.  The sun was low in the sky, the light making things glow that it touched.  It was so nice to be outside to enjoy it all.
The little bit of rain that we have had in the last few weeks did do some good.  Things are starting to turn green again.  A few flowers were scattered about adding a touch of vibrant color.


I was running out of time.  The sun was getting lower and I wanted to take some pictures of the pond that the Stone Canyon development calls the Lake. 
I wish there had been a sky full of beautiful clouds but the few that were scattered around were not near the sunset.  The colors were still pretty.



I love the colors from the sunset but these are my favorite that I took last night. 

I love walking in the woods.  Looking for bits of colorful flowers under the trees.  Listening to only the wind and my footsteps.  I think the BW, and the Sepia, match the view I see in my mind. 
I hope everyone is enjoying their time off for Labor Day as much as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment