Translate

Thursday, July 14, 2011

OK to PA

Here is one good reason to leave Oklahoma in July and to go visit family in Pennsylvania. 
OK temps 105+
PA temps 84+

It was so nice and cool there!  Weather was not the main reason to leave home.  The chance to visit family was!  It wasn't easy to get there.  EVERY airplane we tried to get on had maintenance issues. 
We, my sister and I, arrived at our local airport at 6:30 am central time and finally landed in PA at 11:30 pm Eastern time.  It was a very long day.  I won't bore you with all of our travel delays.  I will share that air travel is not the same as it was the last time that I flew.  Of course that was 19 years ago.  The world has changed just a little bit since then. 
Lisa is a great travel companion, she has a great since of humor.  We found ways to entertain ourselves during our long layover in Chicago.  (Excellent place to people watch!)  We had a late lunch/early dinner, walked around when we got tired of sitting and sat down when we got tired of walking. 
I have to comment on the Chicago airport's bathrooms.  I know the guys won't be as impressed but us girls know the value of having a clean seat!  With the wave of a hand the seat cover rotated off the old one and on with a new clean surface. 
Sorry. 
I don't get out much.  I looked in the Tulsa and the Scranton airports and they didn't have anything that fancy.

It had been too long since I had seen my brother.  It was so nice to see his wife Kathy again!  It was wonderful to get to spend time with their kids and get to know them better!

Here are a few pics from our visit.
My big brother.
Kaliegh, Dillon and Danny.
Makenna and Dillon
Kaliegh, Dillon and Kathy

It was a wonderful visit.  I wish we could have stayed longer.  I had so much fun!!  I have hundreds of pictures to go though. 
I am really glad getting home was much easier than leaving it was! 
Be it ever so humble.......

2 comments:

  1. Great pix! I had so much fun, but it is good to get home. I missed my family! Thank you so much for including me in your trip. You made my year! Lisa Howe

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's spooky. I had a stopover to change flights at Chicago on my way home to the UK after a trip to the states a couple of years ago. I too experienced long delays and finally managed to get on one of the last flights to leave for the UK that day.

    If I hadn't got on that flight, as it was peak holiday season, I faced a two day wait for the next available seat (according to the airport announcement).

    In one way, I was a bit disappointed I got the last flight as there was no reason why I couldn't have taken an all expenses extra two days stopover in Chicago paid for by the airline. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete