Translate

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Off for a visit

Mattie, myself and her doggie went to Stillwater for a visit. It was an adventure.  Smidge, the dog, was a good girl.  Other than barking at Stewie, the dog, that lives in Stillwater. 
We were visiting my oldest daughter Kita.  Kita works nights so Sunday morning Mattie and I went for a walk in the old down town while Kita rested. 
There weren't many people about.  I guess when you go to a college town most peeps were out late Saturday and sleeping Sunday morning.
Smidge enjoyed her self!  She had to inspect every nook and crannie.  She did not like the water fountain.  I think it was just too loud for her.
I am working on a separate story about our adventure later that day.  It involved cops chasing a bad guy, on foot, in triple digit weather, and us giving them a ride in Mattie's little car. 
We did learn while doing this that Mattie's little car can fit the three of us, plus one County Deputy and one very large City Police Officer.  It was a tight fit but the very tall City Police Officer was able to fold himself, with considerable effort, in back with Mattie and I. 
I dispatched for almost 6 years and I am much more used to being in an office on the phone getting info to send officers on calls like this.  I have to admit it is much more fun seeing it all in person.  Not that all pursuits take place on foot, in the middle of nowhere, in the heat of the day, with nobody else around except the cops, the bad guy and us girls.  I have always enjoyed listening to the guys talk about a pursuit afterwards back at the station.  I don't ever remember any of them talking about having to get rides from Citizens. 
I will try to get it written and posted before I leave this weekend.  My next trip I am flying and hopefully it will be a bit cooler there!  I like summer but wow it has been HOT here in Oklahoma!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures and I am looking forward to hearing your story. That sounds like quite an adventure! Wow!

    Lisa Howe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exciting. Look forward to the post

    ReplyDelete