Translate

Monday, March 3, 2014

Dreaming

Dreaming about spring.  Dreaming about gardens, and about fruit trees.  Dreaming about chicken coups and chickens and about having enough outside space. Dreaming about a simpler life where I am worn out from growing food and keeping my home together instead of dealing with the stress of the dark, ugly, or sad choices strangers make.  Dreaming about not having to wake up at 5am unless it is to sooth a baby grandchild.  Dreaming of a day when I don't have to worry about what to wear other than to consider the outside temp.  Dreaming about the day I no longer have to talk to creepy sex offenders.  Dreaming about spending weeks pouring through seed catalogs and trying to find the best tomatoes that will grow in my yard.  Or the best squash, garlic, peas, peppers, beans, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, potatoes, or herbs.  The many types of flowers that I could grow to sooth my soul and encourage bees to come visit my garden. 
Dreaming about not ever, ever, ever having to read another report where a child has been injured or killed.  About never seeing another photo of a person that has fallen to the very end of their road and taken their life.  About never having to find the words to explain to loved ones how to get copies of these types of reports.  About never having to listen to the absolute heart break of a stranger that now faces the choices made by their family members or loved ones.  Dreaming about the day I no longer have to speak to a person that is so angry at the world that the hate seeps from their skin like sweat.  Or to the person that is just simply frustrated from one thing after another that has knocked them down but expects me to smile while they talk to me like shit.  Dreaming of the day I no longer have to answer a telephone unless I recognize the number as belonging to friends or family.  I can't wait for the day I no longer have to put up with the "holier than you" people that think I am not worthy of their regard since I am JUST A PUBLIC SERVANT.  Because we all know that if I was good for anything I would have a much more prestigious occupation.  Beside since they pay my "salary" they can expect special treatment. 
Winter better not last much longer!  I am in pretty desperate need of a positive recharge.  If the cold wind, snow and single digit temps last much longer I might have even more difficulties in stopping long ranting rambles about things that I cannot change. 
Warm air, soft winds, green leaves and flowers blooming would help.  I need a long walk where all I see is God's creations.  It would be nice if some friends or family are along to share the enjoyment with.  I think I need a LONG vacation in a warm spot that has more plants than people.  Then maybe once I have been recharged I could face going back to the job that I have to keep going to so that the bills can be paid. 
Can you tell I get a little bummed out over the winter? 

No comments:

Post a Comment