Translate

Friday, August 12, 2011

Rain

Wonderful Rain
Wondrous cooling Rain
It is August and the 100 plus temps will be back next week.  But today it was cool enough to turn the AC off for a little while and open up the house for a little bit. 

It was so much cooler this evening.  We went for a drive to Skiatook lake right at sunset.  It was cloudy and I didn't have much time to take pictures cause the light was fading fast!
The moon was coming up and I snapped this picture from the front seat of the truck.  It was soon behind all the clouds.
There were plenty of clouds!
All of this area is normally under water so it was tricky to walk around.  I really had to watch my step!  I like all the blue tones on tonight's pictures. 
 
I had fun playing with the editing too!  One last snap before I walked away.  The sky was so pretty but it was getting too dark.

I was going to go to Stillwater with Mattie tomorrow but there has been a change of plans.  The plan was to take Smidge (the doggie) to stay with Kita for awhile.  BUT Smidge found a skunk this morning.  No way is that dog riding in a car smelling like a skunk.  Maybe next weekend....

1 comment:

  1. Nice pix. Skiatook is really a nice lake.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete