Translate

Thursday, December 26, 2013

10 days off

Getting sick right before Christmas was NOT part of my plan.  The Mr. and the little guy both getting sick too was worse.  We are finally starting to feel better.  Should be all back to normal just in time for me to go back to work.  Looking for the bright side on it all.... I didn't have to get any "points" for missing work.  The bad side..... I am so sad that I didn't get to cook and bake all the goodies for the family.  I dragged my sad self out to the store Monday and tried to get everything that was missing for Christmas dinner.  I failed.  I always forget something.  *sigh*  This time I forgot the cherries for Cherry Cheese Cake and cool whip for the icing on the mandarin Orange Cake.  I found one small tub stashed in the freezer so I was able to make do with the icing so at least the cake was made.  The Cheese Cake did not get made.  The 2 dozen eggs are still in the fridge, no deviled eggs made.  No Pumpkin bread, no banana bread, no cookies, no pumpkin pie with maple whisky cream sauce made.  I did get the turkey breast made and we purchased a smoked ham.  So I put potatoes in the oven to bake and made seasoned mixed veggies and green beans.  I put the shredded cheddar and sour cream for the baked spuds on the table and along with some warmed up Sister Schubert's rolls and that was Christmas dinner this year.  Nobody complained.  There was plenty to eat and we now know Alex loves smoked ham.
I hope everybody liked their presents.  The boys sure liked the cowboy guns Cohen got.  It was so cute watching Cohen share them with Alex. 
I did not take enough pictures!  There just wasn't enough time.  So many things to catch up on with everybody.  And again I did not get a picture of us all.  I need to work on this.  Once a year we get close to having all of us in one place together and I keep forgetting to get a picture of it. 
This visit was too short, they have all gone home.  Tonight my house is much quieter.
Here are a few pictures of Christmas.  Once the gifts were opened I put the camera down and forgot to take any more pictures.  I am gonna blame it on the lack of sleep instead of just being forgetful.  I did not post the picture of Rob, it was not taken from a flattering angle and after all the work that he and Carrie did today I don't feel it would be a good way to show my thanks. 




 
 
 
I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas.  Time to get ready for the New Year. 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like an amazing holiday. The food sounds really good. I am so sorry you have been sick. I hope everyone is better. We had a pretty simple feast as well, but it was good. :)

    ReplyDelete