Translate

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Night off

Still awake and it is almost 1:00 am.  All I have to do is take a few days off from work and I find my days ending later and later.  I am a night owl.  I am NOT a morning person.  Getting up at 5:00 am on work days is painful.  Pretty sure I have whined about that before.  Sorry. 
No little grandson today to wear me out.  I did go shopping.  Got some groceries I needed and found a few things for a kid's birthday that is coming up shortly.  I tried to find some new work clothes but left the store empty handed.  *sigh*  There are a bunch of ugly clothes at the stores.  I don't fall in the junior category way too old for that.  While I am a granny I don't like the granny clothes section either.  Sure wish there was an in-between section.  I really can't be the only female that doesn't like all the frills, neon colors and hand washing and line drying.  *more sighing*  I gave up, came home and took a nap.  A much more civilized way to spend an afternoon off when I can't get too far from the house. 
Tonight I am able to put on the head phones, turn it up as loud as it goes and shut it all out except the music and what is bouncing around inside my head.  You Tube's unlimited selection of music tempts me to stay up even later.  All that music, one more song leads to another and often I find one I haven't heard in awhile and I will listen to it more than once.  BuckCherry, Hinder, Seether, AudioSlave, Tom Petty, Stone Temple Pilots, The Black Keys have all made it on the play list tonight.  A very relaxing night.  Now if I could figure out how to soak in a hot tub at the same time.....
One more day off then back to the grind.  I better try skipping the nap tomorrow.  That might help me get to bed a more "decent" hour.....
I need to get out and satisfy an itch to take pictures.  All I have done lately are portraits.  I like taking pictures of my grandson and of others. But.  I want to go somewhere there are more plants and animals than there are people.  Some place that I can't hear the highway traffic.  I want to smell fall and to hear real life instead of man made noises.  To slow down and to take pictures of nature would be the a great way to spend a day off.  Maybe soon. Maybe
 

No comments:

Post a Comment